The Pizza Thread

My local pizza joint is closing, so I need a new one.

Name your local, and if it’s worth the drive.

Pizza meine liebe (need to check spelling) has been one of my favs.

2 Likes

+39 in the CBD for an outing, almost can’t get better I reckon

Also have a joint in hawksburn

4 Likes

Funnily enough, they took over my local, which is called PML2. Very similar, but easier to get a park at mine.

But now it’s closing for some reason.

Have to agree with that, used to work around that area and +39 is probably the best I’ve had.

Closest to me is Woodstock pizzicheria in Napier St Essendon adjacent to Windy Hill. Been there a few times for dinner and it’s pretty good.

2 Likes

I thought Pizza Zizza was great.

It is a long drive though - it’s the closest Pizzeria to the Vatican.

1 Like

Cornerstone Pizzeria in Coburg and Son of a Pizzaiolo in Thornbury are two of my latest favourites.

Great, woodfired naples style pizza.

5 Likes

Best pizza I have had is from Scoozi on Union Road. Probably a bit pricey so wouldn’t go there all the time, but its easily the best I’ve had.

1 Like

The guy at Pizzaly on Wood st Preston won the world championship for Margherita a few years back.

2 Likes

Pizzas with attitude Highton.

2 Likes

Marisa’s Pizza Mt Waverley

It’s very good!

1 Like

Recommendations in the Ringwood/Croydon area would be good too. Our favourite one went to crap, and we’ve haven’t found a great one yet. Best so far is Knead It Pizza in Croydon South but I’m still not 100% sold.

1 Like

You can find Fat Pizza on 7Mate

4 Likes

La lupa - Tyabb

3 Likes

This one always smells ■■■■■■ good if your walking, or even driving past.

Will def give it a go.

1 Like

Pizzeria Express in Loughnan Road Ringwood is very expensive but very excellent.

They also do Doughnut Snack Packs (yes you read right) that people drive from all over the city for.

2 Likes

If you like American style - Sals in Flinders lane is unreal.

More classic Italian Australian - homeslice in Richmond is hard to go past

1 Like

Thought I would share about a pizza place in Berkeley, California. It is called Cheese Board and it is next door to a cheese shop.

They only make one style of pizza each day, but menu varies daily and it is just vegetarian. With gourmet cheese.

There are lines around the block, but because its only making one style the line moves very quickly. They also have a band playing most days.

Would highly recommend checking it out if in the bay area.

5 Likes

Hanson Rd pizza in Woodville gardens.

Delivery until 5am and get the side of fried wings.

Delivery might be a ■■■■■ though.

1 Like

And a popular hang out for the ladies of the night so might pick up more than pizza and wings!

5 Likes