The players joining Big Sammy Draper vs the Bears (2020, round 9)

Our defenders finally packing it in ?

:rofl:

1 Like

You obviously werenā€™t there last year. I was late to the game 5 minutes, and we were 30 points up.
We always play better against pretenders

But I do expect the same garbage from Bruce. Please not him tonight

Make him play on Walla. Anything we kick on Wallaā€™s head will be marked by Ridley.

Itā€™s high time we selected someone with luxuriant hair. The team has been severely lacking in that department since James Hirdā€™s departure, and very much so this year. Matt Guelfi went some way toward filling the void over the last couple of years, but Iā€™ve always felt Stewart was Hirdyā€™s natural successor.

Having addressed this obvious deficiency, I am now far more confident in achieving a result this evening.

Tally hoā€¦

12 Likes

It must be good for our future that Draper and BZT are playingā€¦

Some potentially great young gun matchups in this game.
Zerk-Thatcher - Hipwood
Ridley vs - Berry / (compare his game with Witherden down the other end)
McGrath vs Neale
Draper vs McInerny

And also Cutler vs Robinson - will be desperate to show them he is the better winger.
Shiel vs Zorko

2 Likes

Ham vs Clug

that ones a tiny bit scary

10 players 22yrs and under in a senior team is def good for the future

Especially when many are proven quality (& others potential to be)

Oldest to youngest

Parish
Snelling
Francis
Redman
McGrath
Zerk
Draper
Ridley
Ham
Cahill

Interestingly Lions will also have 11 players 22yrs and under playing this week too.

Skinner, Hipwood, AhChee, Berry, Clug, Witherden, Ballenden, Starcevich, Answerth, Bailey, Rayner

Lions seen as a team on the rise/top 4

If we had of had their blessed injury run with their best side we would be too IMO

ā€¦

ā€˜Play the kidsā€™ brigade will be happy this week.

7 Likes

Annnd Iā€™m on night shift. :anguished:

Yeh nah, real wingmen tend to bump elbows ( being covid correct) before the first bounce and donā€™t see each other until the end of the game. ( or the last 2 minutes if its close) However, I expect Clug to have a blinder.
Meanwhile on the other wing, we have a serious big boys pants matchup with Cutler / Robinson. I expect them to play a bit closer to each other.

Are you bald Baker? I am but rather than looking at others with luxuriant hair, I just look at old photo albums and yearn for the days of my youth, when my hair was long and thick. Alas.

1 Like

Really looking forward to what @carrotsalad has to say.

8 Likes

Not quite, but fair to say there has been a bit of deforestation over the years.
But Stewart? I mean, come onā€¦ that is quite the mop! Definitely Hird-esque.

please donā€™t

1 Like

I am a bit of a TBell fan ( he says as he is almost drowned out by the derisive abuse) . I think the 2 ruck experiment may be the way to leverage TBells strengths as a ruckman and compensate for his lack of endurance, enhancing our tall forward options at the same time. But thatā€™s just a means to an end, that is, an orderly phase out of TBell himself and get games into Sammy. I hope it works out for us.

1 Like

Iā€™m certainly going to reserve my judgment on this game until we hear from the salad man.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think heā€™s very optimistic this week.

Iā€™d expect that from a hardcore carnivore.

Found himā€¦

IMG_4338

2 Likes

This is informative. Although Brisbane is tipped by many to be a flag contender, the state of their defence at the moment is such that they cannot win the flag. Its not much better for us.

But there is not much doubt Brisbane are the best attacking team of the current fancies and have a significantly better forward line.

Based on this graph, you would have to say that Port and the Tigers are looking good.