The players joining Big Sammy Draper vs the Bears (2020, round 9)

Agree about Redman, last week was an improved performance.

Kudos to the selectors who have thrown caution out the window.
Win, lose or draw, they have been brave with the team they have chosen.
Pumped to see Draper make his debut.

6 Likes

Great selections, just need zaka out for guelfi

1 Like

Surprised Ham wasn’t given a holiday, and Clarke to do his number on Neale. But prettay prettay happay!

Plonker on Betuneasy show called us the “worst 5-2 side in the AFL era”. We’ll see about that. Fact is we’ve kept winning except for the Doggies aberration and umps cheating, even against a near-full strength Pies.

3 Likes

Those are some quality changes. I am really happy with that. I’m not used to us making changes based upon a need, so I am thrilled.

2 Likes

Well we are 5 /7 with a game in hand against the Dees who are very beatable.

So what does this guy know anyway?

1 Like

I think there’s footage somewhere of McG towelling up McC in their draft year.

1 Like

Hasn’t JD retired?

I think we are going to notice a difference Draper will bring an energy and youthfulness in the ruck contests that we don’t get with Tbell and Philips

I was thinking Swagger, I want our mids and the rest of the team to be able to walk a bit taller around this guy, I hope he can bring that.

1 Like

Win lose or draw, bloody excited for tonight’s game. More of our potential long term team on the park. Go dons

3 Likes

Tippa.

5 goals.

He is just about to have a big game.

He can smell it in the balmy QLD air.

1 Like

I would really like to see Draper take the opening bounce and not try to tap it to a rover, but instead punch it as hard as he can to the half forward line.

That would get things moving.

4 Likes

Agree he is all class. And still turns the odd good game in.

3 Likes

So if we lose we’re really missing Mitch Hibberd?

3 Likes

No. Brisbane have 3 key forwards that are 195cm+

As has been said, my understanding is that interchange is based on the final team sheets before the game.
Nothing to do with whatever’s in the media 24 or 48 hours beforehand.
Think late withdrawals, emergencies etc etc.

I can’t wait for the reaction when we realise that they’ve brought Draper in to replace McKenna and Woosha explains in the post match press conference that the club hopes he can transition to the midfield in a few years time.

Hey EFC match selection panel
“You’re entitled to have your own opinion regarding changes to our team line up … as long as your opinion is the same as ours!” - Blitz

1 Like

Surely they’ll play Belly/Draper deep forward throughout the game and have the smalls play under them… As for Stewart, I watched his 2017 highlights back, he’s pretty good at getting up the ground and working back, also his field kicking is pretty good for a big bloke…

1 Like

MITCH ROBINSON FROM THE PAINT TO PUT THE LIONS 57 POINTS UP EARLY IN THE SECOND, OH BABY. THE LIONS ARE SENDING A MESSAGE TONIGHT, ARENT THEY BRUCE?