The players joining Big Sammy Draper vs the Bears (2020, round 9)

Simon Madden says “Eat my shorts”.

15 Likes

Very happy with the selected side from who we have available. Rapt for Sammy, Stew & BZT especially.

4 Likes

I’d say either Francis or Zerk.

It’s where he was named last week, and started in the centre.

It’s clear the way McKenna has been fumbling and double grabbing that his hand is giving him grief. Hopefully 2 weeks in between games will allow him to re-set himself and come back in against the Giants.

8 Likes

Paul Salmon too!

4 Likes

I also recall SES being capable of a bag every now and then, Kicked 4 in the 13 goal Ablett game

7 Likes

Pretty happy with that. Proper fwd structure. Two quick wingers. Required tall kpd in.

A little too tall overall with defensive 7 than might have liked but it’ll have to do.

Might allow us some swinging Francis fwd to happen at some stage if a ruck on bench.

B: Saad Zerk-Thatcher Francis
HB: Ridley Hurley Redman
C: Cutler McGrath Ham
HF: Smith Stewart Zaharakis
F: TIPPA Draper Townsend
R: Belly Shiel Zerrett

B: Parish Snelling Cahill Gleeson

3 Likes

There’s a weird calm in here…

No outrage at selections.

What do we talk about now?

13 Likes

Probably as good a team as we can put on the park at the moment due to injuries

As for Draper- finally getting a chance to see him

6 Likes

“With Draper playing his first game, we think he can share the ruck load and not have to do the whole lot, so ‘T-Bell’ (Bellchambers) will help him out there. They’ll both get some stints up forward,” senior coach John Worsfold said.

3 Likes

Worsfold said the club was taking a conservative approach with McKenna as the condensed fixture approaches.

“It’s the culmination of a lot of things,” he said.

"It’s a short week, and he obviously backed up after that finger surgery in remarkable fashion and has had an interrupted preparation.

“We feel as though this week is the opportunity to give him a rest, let him freshen up and potentially be available for us next week.”

2 Likes

So Draper is #1 ruck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cutler and Ham on the wings

Me likey

1 Like

48 Likes

Damn, those are some sweet ins.

4 Likes

WE’RE GONNA WIN

3 Likes

I’m just as lid off about drapes as the rest of blitz but let’s not undersell big dylan shiel making his return. Let’s fkn flog these dumb dawgs.

7 Likes

Bombers by 59 points

3 Likes

wasn’t too far off.
obviously was hoping more than anything mozzie gets a chance, maybe next short week.

Stewart for mckernan is good
interesting how the forwardline will go with lots of new players up there. At least Cahill, Stewart and Draper and Belly played together i. the scratch match.

3 Likes