The positive thread. find something, anything

Reminds of me of when I flew from Morocco to Algeria many years ago. 1983. No seat numbers. People were standing nose to glass at the doors when they opened the doors everyone literally ran down the passageway to the plane. I was like WTF - it is not going to leave without you. There wasn’t that many people so I was confident there were enough seats. On boarding the first ten or so rows were full. Plenty of room down the back. Bizarre. Maybe it was just pack them on and if it fills up someone misses out. Those were the days!

1 Like

By “random” I mean they randomly allocate you to a group (presumably with some limits such as allowing aisle seats in last, and accomodating different door arrangements etc). Spreads out the load and makes it much easier to pass in the aisle.

I heard about studies on this on [I forget which economics podcast] a while back but this was the first time I’d seen it in action. Full A380, I wasn’t in the first couple groups, but easiest entry ever.

Dubai to Nairobi was much less packed and I got the third row window batch of three seats to myself :slight_smile:

It helps in the US where planes typically only have overhead space for about 70% of everyone’s carry-on luggage on a full flight. Never had this problem in Aus, but maybe because I’ve only flown in bigger planes there.

Myth busters did a show using different boarding techniques can’t recall the outcome.

The best one was a show on getting off during an emergency. Basically if you’re not within 4-5 seats of the exit, you’ll perish.

It’s mainly because of the fact there is not enough space in overhead bins for carry on luggage. The priority passengers need to board first so they can place luggage directly above them. The non status passengers get whatever space is remaining which could be several rows away from their seats or even worse having to store it under your seat. For first and business class it also allows you to board and have a champagne or wine and maybe even change into PJ’s if it’s an overnight flight

1 Like

Wet wipes. You dirty dog!

2 Likes

I always used to think this wasn’t a big deal, until somebody accidentally took my bag (and left hers!). I got it back eventually but it was a massive pain in the @ss

Just got home from night shift and emptied 113ml out of the rain gauge. House tanks are full. Shed tanks are virtually full. Even got water running through our seasonal creek! First time for ages for all 3 of those things! We’re a happy little bunch here at the moment

13 Likes

It’s 99.9% about the feeling of superiority, and 0.1% about the better class fart you get to inhale.

Very glad that Greg from the Wiggles is recovering. Scary stuff that his heart apparently stopped 3 times.

Wake up Greg

2 Likes

End thread.

I’ve hit the payload boys!!

10 Likes

Mate is a Towie in Canberra.

Him and his brethren are working 14 to 16 hr days and making a fortune right now with all the hail damaged cars.

Every Cloud, … eh?? :no_mouth:

1 Like
1 Like

You can’t drive a hail damaged car? Where do the need to tow them to? Surely the assessor can come to the place?
So many questions.

1 Like

Illegal to drive with a cracked windscreen. Believe overstay parking charges were being waived for a time.

Anthony was getting ■■■■■■ that Greg was stealing his gear - there’s already a blue wiggle.

1 Like

Just saw Kickett launch a torp from the centre square for a goal, and Long run down Matera.

And young Jimmy just kicked his second, a couple of blind turns then a snap.

Wave that jacket, Sheeds!

l go back further and can remember a petrol brand named Atlantic from the 1950’s. They used to issue a series of little cards with planes on them, l had one of a Catalina/PBY.

1 Like