The positive thread. find something, anything

Who wants to hunt for Easter eggs, after all?

1 Like

I thought it was notorious for people winning their heat with a slow run, to improve their handicap in the final

i’ve asked a sprinter mate of mine about this before. “you could potentially game it a bit, but you still gotta run faster than seven other blokes”

2 Likes

lol, so if they all have the same intentions it’s a very slow race.

2 Likes

I drive past a local dog park daily and today it was absolutely bucketing down as I went by. There was an owner with a Labrador. The Labrador was sitting there smiling and refusing to move much to the owners distress due to the rain. Then the dog ran around him then sat down again. Made me smile.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Any positives about what’s going on with EFC right now ?

We’ve won two more games than Adelaide who were being touted as a team on the up.

Mrs Wim got a prize for being a talkback caller on 3AW.
It’s a lot, and we don’t really cook so most of it will be going to friends who do, or failing that to 614.

10 Likes

Looks like an episode of ‘Border Securoty’ and you got enough Star Anise to last 3 generations

2 Likes

I’d love to win that! Awesome!

2 Likes

You’d be in a pickle if you won that.

I don’t think I’ve ever used star anise in a recipe, although I acknowledge that it may be a part of a mixture like 5-spice.

1 Like

I’ve used it a few times.

1 Like

Just got confirmation I’ve passed my final ever written exam and pending the outcome of my oral exam will have my medical fellowship finally finished (after 28 years of school/uni/on the job training).
fy

25 Likes

Nerd!

2 Likes

As someone who routinely has Fridays off (middle-aged bloke who CBF working a full 5 days any more, and thankfully doesn’t need to…), it’s just peachy when a public holiday falls on a Thursday, as Anzac Day does this year…

6 Likes

I’ve decided what I want to be when I grow up.
A writer for Time Out.
Please pay me to rank the top ten gin cocktails in Melbourne.
I don’t even like gin.
The secret bars, the drive-ins, the best burger, the best steak, the best meat pie, crossaint, coffee, pinball, friggin…anime…card…swap place, I will make that sacrifice.
Please, please, please pay me to do that.

3 Likes

Surely those writers are unpaid. You just get the cost of the meal, drinks, show or whatever it is reimbursed.

Great for 20yo aspiring writer, but terrible as a career

P.S I know this the positive thread, so sorry.

2 Likes

This is a perfect reason to say vamos, no?

1 Like

retirement’s even better

every day’s a holiday as well as the day before a holiday

5 Likes