The Pro Cycling Thread

Bah. Needs another syllable.

We can now start speculating on the Orica-Scott team for the TDU - We know Ewan, Gerrans and Chavez are riding and they will be hunting stages and GC - Which leaves 4 workers to fill the rest of the team - My guess is Edmondson, Hepburn, Impey and Docker.

Apperently Orica is not doing a South African camp in February as they are riding 2 races in Spain - One a stage race and a one day race - And they are doing one of the Middle East races.

3 months Bike Exchange sponsorship a bit strange - perhaps short term only to coincide with their european launch and greenedge always had scott on board for 2017.

Does anyone have any experience with syncros parts? They seem to have an off-road history with several changes in ownership. Perhaps a big ask to get it accepted as a high end road brand now.

3 months Bike Exchange sponsorship a bit strange - perhaps short term only to coincide with their european launch and greenedge always had scott on board for 2017.
I suspect BikeExchange was just another vehicle for Gerry Ryan (part owner) to plow some money into the team until something better came up.

Think you’ll find, Gerry Ryan ploughs more money into the team, than is commonly thought - Not at the Tinkoff levels but not to be sneezed at - Had to laugh last week when Andrew Maher on SEN asked John Trevorrow organiser of the Herald-Sun Tour - How much appearance money is Chaves receiving to ride the Herald Sun Tour - Maher didn’t understand the link between Gerry Ryan, Orics-Scott and Jayco.

Chaves wins the cycling media’s performer of the year - Chaves, Sagan and Froome will dominate the media in January.

Porte not riding RoadNat Champs, but is doing TDU I think.

Surprised he isn’t doing ITT at least. Perhaps the Tasmanian is only interested in Australian titles in the lead-up to an Olympic year.

Porte is chasing the GC at the TDU - It’s one on his bucket list.

Surprised he isn’t doing ITT at least. Perhaps the Tasmanian is only interested in Australian titles in the lead-up to an Olympic year.

Porte probably doesn’t give a damn about it, we all know his relationship with CA is next to non-existent. Especially with the current parcours.

Porte probably doesn’t give a damn about it, we all know his relationship with CA is next to non-existent. Especially with the current parcours.

Reading too much into it - Porte’s not going to beat Dennis in the ITT, while OBE are desperate to win the individual road race - Think Porte is taking a pragmatic view in the lead up to the TDF - And he’s desperate to win GC at the TDU which will be a hard race to win in 2017.

Reading too much into it - Porte’s not going to beat Dennis in the ITT, while OBE are desperate to win the individual road race - Think Porte is taking a pragmatic view in the lead up to the TDF - And he’s desperate to win GC at the TDU which will be a hard race to win in 2017.

I wouldn't be surprised if BMC are riding for Dennis at the TDU.

I wouldn't be surprised if BMC are riding for Dennis at the TDU.

BMC have 2 good options for the race - TDU is wide open race in 2017 and 6 to 8 riders could win the GC without surprising.

So Quintana is doing the Giro/TDF double - Not many of the GC riders are specifically targetting the TDF outside of Froome - Porte, Bardet, Contador - There’s a podium up for grabs and no surprise to see OBE change their strategy.

Sagan is in Adelaide already for TDU training, which is impressive, suggests he is taking it seriously. Cue for every local fan to get their bike on the road in the hope of seeing him.

Someone lock up “Durianrider” - serial cycling pest, before he finds out.

Outsiders for GC at the TDU - Will name one each day - Today’s is Rui Costa.

Suggest that Sagan will do lots of media as well as training in OZ - Sagan can win the Cadel Evans RR if he stays after the TDU.

Tour of Qatar (mens & ladies) cancelled - lack of sponsors.

Yes, I presume local sponsors blew their load on the World Champs. Suggests the Champs shouldn’t be awarded to countries where there isn’t enough sponsorship depth to continue supporting local races as well as WCs.

Tour of Qatar is a strange one - World Championship in October but yet no money four months later - And there were no murmurings - Think only ten of the WT teams were to be at the now cancelled event.

I believe Orica Scott start there European season at the Volta Communiat Valencia a five day stage race beginning February 1.

Outsider number no 2 for TDU is Robert Gesink.

Orica-Scott squad for the Bay Crits - Ewan,Hepburn, Howson,Docker, and Durbridge - Expect Hepburn,Docker and Durbridge to join Ewan,Chaves and Gerrans for the TDU - Unsure of the 7th rider possibly Edmondson - Howson could be held over for the Herald Sun Tour along with Power - Think Haig is overseas.

Matt Lawton who broke the story of the mystery package delivered to Wiggins in 2011, said on Australian radio he knows the name of the mystery package but unable to reveal it publically for legal reasons - Lawton would name the product if it was legal.

Matt Lawton who broke the story of the mystery package delivered to Wiggins in 2011, said on Australian radio he knows the name of the mystery package but unable to reveal it publically for legal reasons - Lawton would name the product if it was legal.
So we think Sky is still being less than truthful about the package?