The Pro Cycling Thread

Sheesh, my opinion of Dege just plummeted :confused:

Quintana to Sky or Astana

O_o

But why?

1 Like

Lost Gilbert before the stage. He would have been handy today.

Might explain why Landa is going to Movistar

So basically 667ml/sec going through the legs of elite cyclists - Insane!

Think Yates is the most underrated rider in the top 10 currently. For a small, young rider with little support he’s doing amazingly well right? Seems to always follow the moves. Could’ve easily missed the split last night.

2 Likes

Dont under-estimate the role played by Keukeliere guiding Yates through the echelons. In saying that Yates still needs good legs to follow. I expect that as Yates is comfortable in the white jersey, he will attack in the next two stages if he has legs. Simon is a more attacking rider than Adam.

he’s really riding well. I almost expect him to try something today or tomorrow.
Do you think Chaves has the legs and motivation to go for a stage win? He’s really flat (understandably so)

Its all to with Fitness for Chaves. In every flat stage in Dauphine and TDF he has finished with the peleton.

Well, he’s in the break, so lets see what happens.
Bing is also there, but Kittel has gone down in a crash.

Kittel was 2.30 down on the peloton, climbing a cat 2 and just 10 minutes later he’s with the bunch.
It might take him a day or two to wash out the stickiness in his hands.

Oh boy Kittel looks ordinary.

Looks really bad.

Kittel :disappointed_relieved:

Thank fark the Langford haters haven’t discovered Mikel Landa and this thread.

3 Likes

Spoke too soon about Yates :roll_eyes:

Also yeh spewing about Kittel. Would’ve been awesome to see he and Matthew go head to head in Paris … even if the winner there is obvious.

2 Likes

I am suspicious of Yates capacity to handle multi mountain stages in a GT. In saying that he was unlucky no other GT contender was with him when he crested the final climb. That in itself cost him. 45s in the final 6km which was flat. Think the vuelta is his race

" Dave Brailsford has resigned himself to losing Mikel Landa to Movistar. "

Cyclingnews has learned this morning that Trentin has in fact signed with Orica-Scott.
They would also not comment on Mikel Nieve signing for them from Team Sky. Cyclingnews understands that it’s a done deal, while Magnus Cort and Simon Gerrans are likely to move on.

1 Like