The Pro Cycling Thread

Trentin easily wins the uphill finish to stage 5 at Ruta Dal Sol after a powerful lead-out by neo-pro Affini

Affini has been impressive in his first race days for MS.

Does anyone know much about what Kayo sports offers for cycling? SBS OS race coverage doesn’t look as if it is going to be any better than last year. I am considering getting some type of subscription service for AFL and cycling before the cobbled classics start.

You’re better getting Eurosport player & Getflix for a total of $10 per month if you want cycling.

Yes I think you are correct. Eurosport isn’t on Kayo. How much is Eurosport player?

I believe $65 for an annual pass.

Ewan wins stage 4 of the UAE - He was dominant in the uphill drag.

Helped by the fact that anyone else that was could threaten was held up in a crash.

None of the leading sprinters would have matched Ewan on that finish - And Viviani just beats Gaviria, Kittell and S.Bennett in a close stage - Tomorrow is the Queen Stage.

Roglic beats Dumoulin and Gaudu in the Queen stage at the UAE Tour - Roglic is a classy rider while this could be a breakthrough performance for Gaudu - Interesting to read S.Yates article in CN - Seems like he is driver on and off the bike at Mitchelton Scott.

Omloop tonight, first of the spring classics.

And on Sunday Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne (semi classic)

It will be interesting to see if Trentin can take his Spanish form into these races.

Interested to see how Durbridge performs and how much Edmondson has improved.

Stybar too good at the Omloop; some crashes gave the leading group of GVA, Stybar, Wellens, Lutsenko enough of a break never to be chased down, GVA spent all his pennies chasing a Wellens attack and when Stybar went immediately after he had nothing left and it was a parade for Stybar to the finish.

Thought Trentin was a bit off and of course not helped by Benoot’s crash splitting the leading peleton - Apparently Trentin had a crash early and lost energy chasing back - GVA and Stybar are looking good - Apparently the weather could be challenging for KBK which could split the peleton.

KBK was wet & wild.
Only 69 riders finished. Jungles winning for QS who love these kinds of races.

A massive fail from MS - Again got Durbridge and Trentin in the front group halfway through the race - But when 5 riders slipped away then MS needed a 3rd or 4th rider in the split to bring back the five - MS gambled on chasing from the main peleton seeing they had a full team which of course brought Ackermann and Groenewegen back into contention - Then Trentin was involved in a crash with 25kms to go - Somehow MS only provided Stannard a first year 20 year old Neo Pro to bring back Trentin, instead of sending back three riders - Somehow it took Trentin nearly 15kms to reach the peleton and Stannard had disappeared - then it was up to Edmondson to do a sprint and he managed to finish 49th - Trentin gave up with 10kms to go, suggesting he may have been injured and somehow Stannard finished 60th in the main peleton - The positive is the ride of Stannard while the negative is the lack of depth in the Classics and Trentin’s tactical naivety.

Strade Bianchi on Saturday.
Motivation for me to setup Getflix + Eurosport player before then to watch it!

OK @barry_day I have Getflix smart DNS and can now access the Euro player page.
However how do I register and pay for Europlayer, it seems they check back through the card/payment service to confirm the money source is really an EU country.

MS women have included a star-studded line up for Strade Bianche - Allen, kennedy, Williams, Spratt, van Vleuten and Brown - They have three legitimate chances in this race.

The men’s team is Durbridge, Affini, Scotson, Stannard, Bookwalter, Juul-jensen and Schultz - A top 10 will be a good result.

Hmmm. Seems it works for some people and not others. I don’t suppose you have friends / relatives in Europe who will pay for you (in lieu of funds transfer)?
A bit painful, but perhaps get a European travel card? Dunno

How about you try
www.firstonetv.live

granted need to be watching when live tv broadcast on and know which country is broadcasting event…etc