The recruit

Seems like a really nice kid but wow it would be a huge life adjustment to play AFL

http://www.fox8.tv/shows/the-recruit/recruits/waylen-manson

for those without fox

episode 1

http://www.fox8.tv/shows/the-recruit/episode-one

http://www.fox8.tv/shows/the-recruit/episode-one/part-two

http://www.fox8.tv/shows/the-recruit/episode-one/part-three

http://www.fox8.tv/shows/the-recruit/episode-one/part-four

http://www.fox8.tv/shows/the-recruit/episode-one/part-five

I think someone pointed it out earlier but they do this with the round ball football for 3 seasons.

1 Winner got a contract with Sydney FC and played Youth League and didn't get a first team run.
1 Winner got a contract with Melbourne Victory and played a few games including a champions league game.
1 Winner got a contract with Brisbane Roar and played youth league and didn't get a first team run.

And the cricket superstar? What happened there.

One bloke has to leave due to injury on episode five

it seems that Goss played VFL with us on the weekend...

Is now on our list. Did not play, was not named.

He was another old xav?

He is an Old Xav. Same year as Paddy Ambrose, Dan Hannebery, Alex Johnson etc.
Is now on the Essendon VFL list but has been out injured for 6 or 7 weeks.

Could possibly be related. Brendan is as passionate about the bombers as they come, and is regularly checking out Bomberblitz.

He was another old xav?

Could possibly be related. Brendan is as passionate about the bombers as they come, and is regularly checking out Bomberblitz.
There's been a gossy on one or more of our forums.

I watched about ten minutes and couldn't;t stomach any more of Michael voss. nauseating flog.

Waylon kicked 6 against Xavs this week

He was another old xav?

Dunno if Goss leaves due to injury. I was not referring to him

Benfti why is Waylon playing in Melbourne? Is he a project?
Also, I think you mentioned earlier about some indigenous players becoming rookie B listed. Great idea as long it was policed properly but I wouldn't have faith in the AFL ATM.I would spew if someone like Cyril Rioli got rookie B listed to Hawthorn.

GET BIG PAT TO MENTOR THE BIG INDIG BLOKE

LEROY

Also, I think you mentioned earlier about some indigenous players becoming rookie B listed. Great idea as long it was policed properly but I wouldn't have faith in the AFL ATM.I would spew if someone like Cyril Rioli got rookie B listed to Hawthorn.

They would be drafted after the main draft with rookie picks. I imagine, top talent drafted the same as they are now.
More chance of someone like Liam jurrah being picked up by hawthorn.

Players as talented as cyril don't just get quietly added to rookie lists, especially ones from well known footballing families. They get drafted in the first round of the national draft.

Aaron Johnny Hangtime Henno!

If this show isn't setting up for a Waylon win I'm blind

It should be too, seems like a ripper bloke

Was obvious 3 months before it started.

Whether Waylen can keep the self-confidence issues at bay will determine how close he gets to a contract.

I am surprised they kicked 2 guys off in the one week though, just because a 3rd of the guys are project players and you'd think they'd want to prolong the competition if anything to help fast-track the projects as much as possible - fair chance Hutchy wasn't going to be anywhere near the bottom 3 purely on popularity in the near future though. I do suspect that they would've secured local clubs for Mark and Padraig to play with at the end of this, as recruiters would need a serious chance to watch them. They're not going to draft someone purely on highlights from a TV show.

I think he might be set up more for a moral victory than an actual one. Though I can see Collingwood being the club that Waylon ends up at if he does win.

and i will throw things.

he is also an epic good footy player

I know the show would be edited and presented in a way that is entertaining but I thought it was really interesting the way Waylen responded when given feedback from the psychologist who would have delivered it in a way that was catered to his personality. I would have thought that these are traits that a good coach would also possess. Dickson throwing white board markers when the team was 10 goals up at half time or Vossy yelling and swearing on the training track wouldn't work for everyone. 

that psyc was at Essendon too IIRC?

I know the show would be edited and presented in a way that is entertaining but I thought it was really interesting the way Waylen responded when given feedback from the psychologist who would have delivered it in a way that was catered to his personality. I would have thought that these are traits that a good coach would also possess. Dickson throwing white board markers when the team was 10 goals up at half time or Vossy yelling and swearing on the training track wouldn't work for everyone. 

that psyc was at Essendon too IIRC?

Essendon or Essington?