The reigning DJ King (Mk IX) is @nobody because ***BLOND DJ IS LIVE***...Round 2 (Songs from the slightly more successful round 1 DJs)

Obvious Yes for the quality sobby.

Cool song too.

1 Like

I identify with the vignette, although in my case it was a flagon of white wine, after which Iā€™d go to the pub to watch a band. Yes to the song.

2 Likes

top shelf sob

good enough song

yes

1 Like

7-0! Spin again @Strewth.

Marriage? I was like that every time a key relationship went belly-up. Not Johnny Cash though - Iā€™ve got my own cache of maudlin material to dwell inā€¦

Yes.

Good set thisā€¦ not every song has been my cuppa, but Iā€™m appreciating the eclecticismā€¦

Edit: Anyone know what other songs have used this rhythm guitar sample - it sounds awfully familiarā€¦

1 Like

Im kind of surprised there was only one song from this band in the list, considering the song played sailed through 10 zip from memory (my phone wonā€™t let me filter the list). Not expecting a similar result, but hoping to get a few more spins yet.

This was a yes just for the SS (sob story), took all of 30 seconds to be a YES on merit

1 Like

1 Like

Yes.
Iā€™ve got another Hives track short-listed, so will watch on interested to see how this faresā€¦

1 Like

Simple, straightforward , uncomplicated Yes

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Not a bad pop rock song, yes.

1 Like

Belated yes for Lyrics Born. I used to listen to Latyrx quite often back in the day.

Yes for current song and what Iā€™ve missed.

1 Like

Lady donā€™t tekno nearly got a run.

1 Like

Belated yes for the hives.

Slaying this set Strewth

1 Like

Gonna go a bit more challenging on this one.

I came across British dj/producers radioclit through an album they did with reggae artist Terry Lynn, particularly the song Kingston Logic 2.0. I thought it was a good track and Iā€™ve heard it sampled in a few other songs. Anyway, I found that theyā€™d just done an album with this guy from Malawi and figured itā€™d be pretty dancey and similar. Boy was I wrong. This is about as dancey as they got. The backing music is from Architecture in Helsinkiā€™s Heart it races, but Esauā€™s voice just really makes it his own. Itā€™s sunny music for a dreary Melbourne day.

1 Like

2 Likes

Pleasant enough. And who doesnā€™t feel cheerier after hearing steel drums?..
Yes.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing.

Yes

1 Like

edit: I reserve the right to change my mind before the last vote

Yes on a relisten.