The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

Yes to the track.
Joe is an ex-relative of mine.

2 Likes

I remember reading an interview with Joe Camilleri around the time that The Black Sorrows were at their zenith (early 90ā€™s). The interviewer was inferring that it was good for Camilleri to finally get some mass acceptance and that heā€™d surely now be rolling in dough. Joe responded something along the lines of ā€œYou must be joking - Iā€™m still ball-deep in debts to Mushroom for the Jo Jo Zep days - we were given massive advances and none of the albums ever paid them back. You donā€™t realise at the time that everything given to you upfront is against future sales. If you donā€™t sell, youā€™re in debt and Iā€™ve carried those debts for 10 plus yearsā€. A cautionary tale for young musos thereā€¦

A bare yes (at least the single version had the good sense to fade it early at around 3ā€™30" before the sax came inā€¦ Iā€™ll pretend I never heard the last minute or soā€¦)

1 Like

All you Eastern Suburbs toffee nosed pukes. Should ave grown up in the battling burbs like Broady and Paco Vale. We had real night clubs like Regineā€™s in Moonee Ponds where you could get shot at and the Flight Deck at Essendon Airport. You and your dress codes. La de farkin da

9 Likes

Whereā€™s the complaining about references to dodgy inner-northern suburbs nightclubs, eh???

YES to Jo Jo by the way, always rated him.

No luck with the brideā€™s maidsā€™ roster?

Early 20ā€™s is the best time to make out with brideā€™s maids. More likely to be single + up for some due to the emotional environment and access to champagne and a dance floor. Itā€™s a good combination. The pull rate drops off significantly after 30 however, picks up again after 40 due to the appearance of divorced brideā€™s maids. What Iā€™m saying here is that timing action with brideā€™s maids, and timing in life generally, is very important.

1 Like

Am I the only one reading that in the voice of Jimā€™s Dad from American Pie?

4 Likes

Canā€™t stop laughing at this, LB. :rofl:

I was already in my 30s at that time & married, so I cannot comment any further. :grin:

p.s. I did leave my wife back in Japan, though, to attend this wedding. Make of that what you will.

Early 20ā€™s. The golden yearsā€¦

Discretion is the better part of valour

1 Like

A former work mate had a rough first draft of a story/book about growing up and life in the western suburbs. Iā€™ll see if I can dredge it up.

This work mate was mates with Pasquale Barbaro and that crew so the stories are based around the 90ā€™s iirc.

1 Like

Weā€™re about to push into 60,000+ posts.

You guys and girls are great.

3 Likes

Razor Club FTW.

A bare yes for Jo Jo

Wow! As in the Calabrian head of the Melbourne mafia? Done for all those ā€˜eā€™ pills in the tomato cans? You run in heavy circles, man.

How many songs?

'Eezer Goode 'Eezer Goode Heā€™s Ebeneezer Goode
'Eezer Goode ā€˜Eezer Goode Heā€™s Ebeneezer Goode
Heā€™s Ebeneezer Goodeā€™

1 Like

As in the one in the van with Jason Moran at Auskick

I was very careful and nice around the work mate after that information came to light.

Funny that we lost contact years ago :sweat_smile:

So Diggers peaked in his early 20ā€™s. Makes sense.

1 Like

Oh, that was ā€˜Littleā€™ Pat. Those pics of him & Moran in the carā€¦yuck!

Same name as the head of the Melbourne mafia - now serving a long custodial sentence.