The reigning DJ King (Mk X) is @nobody because "BLONDE IS HERE" courtesy of @Paul_Peos

FWIW…

@Strewth, @hambo and anyone else who is vaguely interested…

Here is what I’ve come up with for the Charlotte Hatherley remix… I initially tried to reinvent it as a straight-ahead guitar pop track, but I really wasn’t feeling it. Ended up going down this route instead. It’s not finished and still pretty rough, but you’ll get the general idea.

2 Likes

Yes to chick flicks and Charlotte Hatherley. No to Rob’s Big Shi tty Soul.

1 Like

I like that mate. One thing that I did find was that my brain started adding “I just can’t get enough” ala depeche mode as backing vocals.

Hah! I hadn’t noticed that one but can hear it now you’ve mentioned it. As I was working on it, it kept morphing into other songs in my head. It would be cool to try some mash-ups at some point, but one of the comp rules is that you have to be “legally entitled” to anything you use. Guess that rules DMode out then… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d give it a yes if you spun it. Congrats, sounds good.

Yep, I think that moves things along now

1 Like

Geez, 24hrs to get 7-2…

…is it me or we are all just losing a bit of energy?

It’s not you, it’s us. This virus thing is taking its toll on everyone. The thread has a weird tempo at the best of times.

Spin again…

3 Likes

Well I ain’t playing no bobby mcferrin… but I will play something that makes me happy…

…actually I have all along, (even sve and her suicide song) … I do love spinning and this thread, I’m glad I came along, thanks for letting me in…

This ain’t no harikari, but I appreciate that not everyone will vote yes, so if u don’t cool, but get in here and vote… cause a quick game is a good game!!!

@DonBomb if I don’t get up, step up.

2 Likes

I played Chris Rea, it um, it did not go well.

I like him though

Yes

1 Like

yes because I like the song

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Nope.

p.s. And it’s great having you in the thread & enjoying yourself.

1 Like

I like Chris Rea and the album this track comes from is excellent

Easy Yes

1 Like

Nope.

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Nup.

1 Like

■■■■■■■ terrible song, but have a YES because you are becoming my new favorite DJ. Great set.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s been a good set VBI, I think we’re all just focused elsewhere. But thanks for spinning a really diverse set.

2 Likes

Great having you in the booth. But, no for this one.

1 Like