The reigning DJ King (Mk XI) is @Strewth...playing some real music (with guitars and stuff) (Part 1)

Hang on Swoodley played that Dance my Darling rubbish!

I suppose it makes some sense thats one of the worst EDM tracks thats been played :rofl:

2 Likes

Nup, final is a single track

Yep, that was the problem for me. Musically it got off to a good start. Then she opened her mouth… egad…

1 Like

Thanks for both of your tracks, didn’t know either and gave them 3 and 4 votes with an intention to follow up on the bands.

Also feel bad for Wimm. I mean the hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy theme is a good thing…

1 Like

I’ll always give you votes if you play that sort of stuff.

And well played by going off the norm with your choice.

I tried the same and failed miserably.

1 Like

Change in format. That makes life easier

1 Like

I"m expecting a few wildcard tracks by The herd, Bliss n Eso, Drapht…

1 Like

Oh dear. I was trying to fit 6 selections into 2.

1 Like

Yeah, but at the end of the day it’s still an Eagles song.

1 Like

I wasn’t far off the same result. :joy:

Yeah, pretty much

Charly Bliss’ first album is decent. I like the Pinkerton-era Weezer production style, but be warned that her voice does grate after a while. And don’t listen to any of their live stuff… she’s patently not a good live singer.

That Tripping Daisy album is in my top 5 albums of all time. If you like stuff like Flaming Lips, Zappa and Modest Mouse, it’ll be right in the zone. Chock full of songs which duck and weave and change tack midstream.

4 Likes

More questions for you which you’ve no doubt already stated.

Who votes on the wildcard songs and who votes on the final tracks?

Yeah, as that song took off into guitar blast in the second half I sat up and entered it straight into my votes list.

Everyone votes on WILDCARD.

Only Losers vote on the final.

1 Like

Okay, so…
Female vocalist
Not eighties or seventies
Chipper
Possibly about skateboarding

Avril Lavigne it is.

11 Likes

Happy to hear about the rabbit hole @Hoffy

PS. A mate of mine worked with Shirley Barrett, reckons she’s a legend.

1 Like

Brave choice 3 votes

2 Likes

No wonder she is a writer/director. Very talented person and she achieved the ultimate - being a lead singer of a band that appeared on Countdown.

1 Like