The reigning DJ King (Mk XII) is nobody 'coz it's Blonde DJ Time....the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90, 00s, 10s Extravaganza (Part 1)

Yep

You won’t believe this, but at work I love to ‘reply all’ on company wide emails like this too

2 Likes

Yep

Yes… it’s the Australian Visage, only not as good. It’s repetitive and there’s a whole lot of keyboard wankery going on, but I don’t mind its cold, stark electronics.

I always got the feeling the “legend” of The Boys/Jimmy & The Boys/Ignatius Jones was rather overplayed - very much a case of style over substance. I’m not sure that he would’ve had any form of career without the novelty of a cross-dresser on keyboards and the… umm… interest of Molly Meldrum. I mean, his/their best material was written by Ray Davies, Steve Kilbey or Tim Finn…

Quite extraordinary really (very much indicative of the excesses of the 80’s and/or the limit of his ability) that Jones was signed by Mushroom to a six (!!!) album deal once J&TB ended, and managed to produce only this and one other single…

2 Likes

We could be two songs away from Sheila E or Refused, it’s never easy to tell.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info about him, to me he was some guy who’d pop up on tv (Hey Hey, maybe?) from time to time in the 80s.

I chose this cos I follow the YouTube channel it was on, which covers all weird and wonderful electronic/synth stuff from mostly early 80s. It was a cool sounding little tune to see on there.

5-2

He was one of those guys who popped up regularly on Countdown and was pushed hard by Molly, despite a somewhat meagre musical output.

He even popped up in a episode or two of Sweet And Sour if you ever watched that. More recently, I believe he was heavily involved as a designer in the Sydney Olympic Opening & Closing Ceremonies.

1 Like

Ok, yeah Countdown and Sweet And Sour I guess.

So @swoodley, after trying to hijack your rock thread I decided it was only fair that I give your top 10 albums a go.

The Cure, dreary but pretty good. The album itself should have been called Lullaby because it nearly put me to sleep.

Lacuna Matata, only got about 5 tracks into it before my son was yelling at me to turn it off. So I did.

Which leads me to Led Zeppelin. Fark me that was hard work. I only got 5 tracks in again before I was yelling at myself to turn it off. So I did.

That’s as far as I’ve made it. I’ll persevere. I’ve got a feeling that I’ll like Lynard Skynard and Bros I can skip because I’ve heard some of their work and that was enough.

I’ll keep you in the loop.

4 Likes

Eww whoo whoo eww whoo, YES

1 Like

6-2

I’m impressed…I’m fairly certain that I wouldn’t listen to a Top 10 of yours :rofl:

Thanks for the advertising boost for the other thread as well.

Nice subtle dig with the Bros mention…some people will possibly now check to see if I did give them a mention.

1 Like

Post it here, might have a listen on 3 weeks leave, I have The BROS album on vinyl

1 Like

4 Likes

This is the top ten list I posted

(from this thread)

Disintegration - The Cure
Comalies - Lacuna Coil
Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
One More From The Road - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Synchronicity - The Police
Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd
A Farewell To Kings - Rush
The Interzone Mantras - The Tea Party
Dark Passion Play - Nightwish
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - Black Sabbath

1 Like

To be fair it was my younger sisters, just kept it for her

Ooh RUSH, band I have not listened to much but highly rated in the USA

Only ever heard of RUSH from watching Trailer Park Boys. Thought they were a made up band just for the show.

3 Likes

Maybe the next STERN Pinball

1 Like

Which ones #1?

Sabbath or the Cure?