The Reigning Dj King (Mk XIII) is @nobody...it's Blonde DJ Time again with @mrjez being at his divisive best (Part 1)

I’ve submitted my ‘80s track. Just not getting enough love on Rd 2 spin.

1 Like

Yep, gonna be tough with @mrjez hogging all the votes…

1 Like

I like to music
I just read this thread complete
But I don’t get it.

6 Likes

There’s your first mistake :wink:

3 Likes

Oh, someone else voted, let me just downgrade my prediction.

Neither do we. Yet somehow we’ve been doing it for years.

3 Likes

Ok.

Anesthitize - Porcupine Tree live in Tilbury
Bedlamite - Puscifer
Time Flies - Porcupine Tree
The Humbling River - Puscifer
White Mist - The Pineapple Thief
Descending - Tool

1 Like

Just going through the songs.

Man Rhea Seehorn looks a lot like Deborah Harry. If they’re not related, Rhea should play Deb in a movie about her.

Votes incoming in next 5-10 minutes.

Then onto picking 80’s song because you guys have again proved ur taste in music lacks :+1:

1 Like

This is the original thread from 4 years ago. Have a read. You’ll get the picture. We don’t like to give @Diggers too much credit but this was a great idea.

Thing’s have changed a fair bit over the years. We spice things up a bit every now and then with a comp called Blonde DJ. It was meant to be blind DJ but someone messed it up and here we are. We are in the middle of one of these comps right now. It’ll be over in the next few day…I mean weeks, the way the voting is on going.

But once it is done, hang around and join the pile on of all the crap songs that we have to endure.

3 Likes

So…the thread is populated by a mix of music lovers and sh*t stirrers.

Music is the universal connector but our tastes are wildly different.

You’ve caught us in the middle or our semi regular competition where the competition organiser gives players a theme for each round with the overall prize being to win Blonde DJ (a much sought after title that continues to elude most of us).

During regular times, a nominated DJ spins tracks of his/her choice and the rest of us give it a yes/no answer. Get seven Yes votes first and you get to spin again…alternatively, if you get seven No votes first, you’ve been kicked out of the DJ Booth and need to change your avatar to one of the band/artist that got you kicked out.

These days, banter is probably the biggest part of the thread…it’s all in good fun although from time to time players have cracked the sh*ts and disappeared for a while…this tends to happen when a song that the DJ really likes gets seven No votes and the DJ is unceremoniously booted.

Hang around if you do like music and you’ll find this thread a haven from all the crap from the other threads.

First rule of DJ King…No football talk at all.

Hope that helps

All are welcome

4 Likes

Did that bit. About an hour before I got to the end bit.

I have submitted my first attempt. Please make yourselves aghast at my ultimately superior musical preference, and make all your votes to me.

Please note also, I have most of you covered for Drum n Bass, House, Lounge, Metal, Prog (all of the Prog) and anything else that isn’t RnB, because it’s ■■■■.

Thank you

3 Likes

2 Likes

Okay

So we’ve found another Tool/Maynard fan to welcome to the fold.

Just know, there’s plenty of hate for Tool on here so apply thick skin about NOW

Ticks and Leeches, all of them!

ALL HAIL OUR NEW REDNBLACKEYED OVERLORD!

4 Likes

I thought so too, a lot of enjoyable songs.

Talking a big game already.

Nice.

You’ll fit in perfectly around here.

2 Likes

What can I say…my keyboard brings out my inner warrior :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Not to scare you off already, but you can’t nominate a track at present as we’re in the middle of a Blonde DJ comp.

Hang around and you’ll get a chance once we finish of this current comp.

Votes for Round 2

5 The Damned - Neat Neat Neat
4 Dale Hawkins - Oh! Suzy Q
3 Pilot - Oh Ho Ho It’s Magic
2 Alice in Chains - Them Bones
1 Prince - Alphabet At

@swoodley

1 Like