The Reigning Dj King (Mk XIV) is currently resting whilst Blonde DJ takes Centre Stage

Gerling were one of those late 90’s-early 00’s Dribble J darlings that I tried to like, but always found terribly unexciting and beige.
And the vocalist can’t sing for ■■■■.

Bland no

unexciting and beige is the two furthest removed words from describing this band

They’ve obviously got far more interesting stuff than this (or anything else I’ve heard from them) then…

Yes…because Klawdy should be encouraged to play real music :smiley:

1 Like

1-1

Not going to count your own vote??

Its 2-1

Have a yes

Gerling. I can vaguely remember them.

Wish I hadn’t.

NUP

Maybe you should of

Edit: they were doing Stanger Things 80’s better than stranger things

I did spend the day tinkering.

1 Like

A girl i was keen on (but she wasn’t keen on me) dragged me to see Gerling play on a smaller stage at BDO once.

They weren’t anywhere near as cool as she liked to think, but that didn’t stop me pretending that they were.

Yes.

10 Likes

Ah…
The crap bands that we’ve allowed ourselves to be dragged along to, all with the aim of throwing a leg…
The number of nights I spent listening to boring as fark jazz music at Jazz After Dark (in the Melbourne Music Centre, late 80’s-early 90’s). You had to be ponced-up in a suit to get in, and by jeez it was full of pretentious knobs.
I mean… I got a result in the end but, farking hell, did I have to jump through hoops to get there…

2 Likes

Better story than mine

3 Likes

Worst thing I got dragged to was the farking ballet.

In Vienna, backpacking around Europe and my GF at the time found out that you could get cheap tickets to cultural events at the Vienna Opera House.

I guy that we knew, who was staying at the same hostel as us, was celebrating his birthday and told everyone to meet at one of the beer halls.

But no, I went to the ballet and saw Rudolf Nureyev dance Swan Lake.

To this day, I still have no idea what was happening…I just know that we got to the beer hall about 15-20 minutes before they closed.

6 Likes

I did also spend quite a few nights pretending to dig Jazz at Bennett’s Lane.

3 Likes

did I vote

Tedious, isn’t it?

I should clarify… when I say “got a result”, it wasn’t with my desired target (that one didn’t eventuate). It was with one of her friends, who proved a… ummm… satisfactory surrogate…

1 Like

I once broke up with a girl after she suggested we should go see the new (at the time) harry potter movie (with her parents…even worse).

It wasnt the entire reason I broke up with her, but it was definitely the straw that broke the camels back.

I was 30 at the time, but had Id been younger, I woulda rocked up dressed as harry ready to wave my wand (pun most definitely intended).

But that ■■■■ really wanes with age.

5 Likes

some very uncool looking blokes playing some pretty good music that’s kinda well produced except for the overcompression. They would have looked cooler and sounded better if they were the Smithereens. OK I suppose, yes

Well it’s certainly no Enter Spacecapsule, but the stories in here have been fun, so yes.

1 Like