The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

This. I have rarely voted properly - there have only been a small number of songs that I have genuinely liked and given a yes. I have added a grand total of zero songs to my playlist. I have an innate bias too, if you just vote no to my songs, then there are some of these posters that will get auto no from me. And the opposite is true too, you give yes to my songs and I will also return the favour.

1 Like

When Swoods plays a track I listen to it, then think to myself “if I multiply the enjoyable bits by a factor of ten is it enough for a yes?”. Most of the time it’s still a no but at least I tried.

10 Likes

I haven’t mentioned this thread to my friends simply because I don’t have any…

I told my wife, but she thinks I’m a wierdo for spending so much time on Blitz anyway.

6 Likes

I still vote according to my rules.
Yep-if I like it, make it to the end, set is different, or DJ trying new stuff
Nope- if I don’t like the tune

Until Christmas, I’ll only be dropping in. Way too busy with work. Major respect to those who can balance everything and still participate.

I wouldn’t even try to explain to non-blitzers, it’s hard enough to blitzers who don’t frequent the thread.

Tune - yep.

5 Likes

This is why I continue to come here - when I’m feeling a bit down, you produce quality banter like this to cheer me up.

4 Likes

Wife: Dj King is stupid!.. But, you should definitely play this song… I found another song that would be perfect for DJ King… What do you mean they haven’t played Like a Prayer? You have to play Madonna!.. Big-bear, would you please, please, please play a set of songs that I like on DJ King?..

10 Likes

Ha - my favourite Madonna song by a long way, it would get a genuine yes from me. I thought about playing it but for 2 reasons. I’m too lazy to check the spreadsheet to see if it’s been played and I try to play stuff that I’m certain most people haven’t heard of before. It seems that a lot of wives have better musical taste than their husbands in this thread though :joy:

3 Likes

Back in the day did a road trip with mates to the Sydney Olympics. Clearly weren’t organised and we got half an hour in and realised the only cds in the car were the drivers wife’s. 845kms each way was Madonna’s greatest hits. Will always be a good memory for me!

2 Likes

You obviously haven’t been subjected to my wife’s musical tastes.

Her: “I really love that song, have you heard it”?
Me: “What song”?
Her: “I can’t think of the name of it”.
Me: “What does it sound like”.
Her: “I can’t remember”.
Me: “Can you remember any of the lyrics”.
Her: “No”.
Me: “So you don’t know what it’s called, what it sounds like or any of the lyrics but you love it anyway”?
Her: “No, but its by whats their name”.
Me:“Who the ■■■■ are whats their name”!
Her: “Oh, you know”.
Me: “No, I don’t have the foggiest”.
Her: “The band with the guys in it, they’re young”.
Me: (Thinks to self, kill me now) “So, you like the song that you don’t know the name of, don’t know what it sounds like, can’t remember any of the lyrics to and don’t know who sings it, but they are young. That right”?
Her: (Yes)!
Me: “Sure I’ve heard it”. (Shakes head sadly as he walks away)

7 Likes

Terrible song, but have a good bloke Yes so we can move on.

Next song please DJ…

What is the score? I haven’t been to sleep yet. 6.33am here in Singapore.

7-3

Is it sweaty as fark up there this time of year?

It is all year round. 26-32 every day of the year

Suns just come up. Listening to this on the balcony

its ok for a Saturday morning. Yes

NO

7 Likes

Yes. The opening needed an edit, but I liked it once it found its groove. Mellow. Different.

Yes for sufjan.

Big bear!

5 Likes