The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

Doesn’t this open the movie?

Thanks for posting this…it’s a great track but the live version (from One More From The Road) is so much more powerful

Easiest of easy Yesses

1 Like

Sweet Home Alabama?

or

Free Bird?

They all died in a plane crash yeah?

Yes. The soundtrack placement gets it over the line for me too.

(I like the fact that when the lyric references a train they have a picture of a random train. It’s very inventive editing.)

1 Like

Alabama!

free bird is another good track. In fact their debut is very good, one of those albums you can put on and listen all the way through.

Yeah your right, I had my movie quotes mixed up.

I thought the quote was Dazed and Confused, I’ll take Happy Gilmore it was a favourite too.

4-3

Yep

Well it’s nice, but too cruisy for my booth tastes, No

Yes

Southern rock aka country. My kinda muzak. yes

1 Like

OK final song in the trilogy of bands I thought were naff until I listened to their good stuff.

Aerosmith to me growing up were an over produced, sell out rock band who made songs for MTV.

I really, really like this song though. Heard it on Dazed and Confused (movie) and liked it ever sense.

Almost physcedalic, a great riff with a great break beat underpinning it. Surprised it hasn’t been sampled more.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever listened to the whole track. Not a huge fan of the band, but it is cool drumming/break-beat. And I like the backwards drums/reverb in the riff and I like the riff, so Yes.

It’s a good theme by the way @Preliminary_Point2 ie. the bands we have negative preconceptions about, and end up appreciating down the track.

Jeez, outside Motley Crue, the talk-box is the epitome of the 70’s isn’t it?

1 Like

This track sort of hovers, like Gimme Shelter but with a bit less menace, Yes

Yeah I was thinking about it at some point. Especially in my thirties I have gone back and discovered bands I thought were rubbish, usually due to only knowing their big hits.

Not sure if it’s just that I gravitated to “cool” bands when younger or if some of the bands have more universall emotional themes that I didn’t appreciate until older. Fleetwood mac is an example of both factors!

1 Like

Yep

I’ve discovered quite a few bands this way, but moreso, whole genres of music I didn’t have the capacity to appreciate as a teen/early 20’s guy. Mainly very, very old blues and a lot of funk - but overall an ear for listening to music as an expression of culture and specific periods of time, and its overall development. I hope that’s what I do, anyway.

1 Like

The Dead Kennedys morphed one of their songs into Sweet Home Alabama the other night, it was pretty funny.

2 Likes

Yes

Yep