The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

Yes, because I too feel sad sometimes.

1 Like

That’s 10-2, where’s the song @Hesonlygotaleftfoot

Welcome to another day

Expect there’ll be people voting on this in afternoon peak, but yes for trying to make the choice meaningful.

Yep (nice with the morning coffee)

Slightly monotonous but as Hoffy said, good warm morning feel Yes

Beguiling and gorgeous.
Didn’t want it to end.
Yes.
Gonna okay it again.

Yep

A very meh yes

1 Like

YES

DJ Hesonlygotaleftfoot (second spin)
SONG #1287 The Sun Rising, by The Beloved

YES: frost, Hoff, up, wimm, RC, Peos, Kira
NO:

7-0

Yes.

Quality. Yes. I spun Orbital’s ‘Belfast’ - wonder whether that prompted you to play this? :wink:

YES

It’s not all about you JR. Let him have his time in the sun. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If you listened closely, Clever Clogs, you would have heard that the Beloved sampled the same vocal as Orbital did in Belfast. Anyway, don’t be jealous. My message was directed at HOGALF - not you. :grin:

p.s. I would love to dig through HOGALF’s vinyl collection. I’m guessing he has a few beauties in there.

2 Likes

That’s 10 I think. If not have another Yes. It was ok

Okay. Unless there are any complaints after I lay out the rules, DJ LIVE will start immediately after Hesonlygotaleftfoot is voted out, sometime over the next couple of days.

I had planned to keep the DJ LIVE rules the same as regular DJ King, but, based on comments/ideas some of the regulars shared, I’ve temporarily changed them. I’ve set a goal of getting 12+ DJs to participate over the DJ LIVE week (actually, I’m hoping every “regular" will play). This means getting 2+ DJs to spin per day. So, obviously, the rules need to be changed. Anyway, here’s what I came up with…

DJ LIVE Rules
All songs must be live recordings.
Each DJ spins ONE triple-play set—all three songs are posted at the same time.
Each punter is allowed three votes per set (e.g., YYY, YYN, YNN, or NNN).
First-to-twentyone voting system.

How to win DJ LIVE
If a DJ attains 21 yes votes they become an official LIVE DJ
The LIVE DJ that gains the highest % becomes the official LL DJ (Lord of LIVE DJ)

Example of playing DJ LIVE
I post live performances of Panama, Kick start my heart, and Paradise City at 8:00 am. Punters wander in, listen, vote and banter…

Baker: NNN
Jez: NNN
Swoodley: YYY
Hoffy: YYY
Rain: NNY
wimmera: YNN
Peos: NYN
PP2: YNN
Up: NNY
LB: YNN
Frosty: NNN

By 11:00 am I’m voted out with a score of 12-21 (with a low % of 57%). No LIVE DJ badge for me :frowning: I nominate wimmera for the afternoon slot. And the game continues…

*I’m very busy ATM (exams). Please give me a little grace if I make mistakes. I’ll do my best to ensure this runs as smoothly as possible. It’d be great if everyone participated and everyone voted for as many DJ sets as they can. If some players have preferences for when they can play (day/s, morning/afternoon/evening), PM me or just post them and hopefully we can fit everyone in.

Finally, I’m happy to cancel the event if the rules are unacceptable to, say, two or more regulars. (I’d rather cancel than try to gain consensus over potential rule changes.)

Back to DJ Hesonlygotaleftfoot…

8 Likes

Sounds good Kira…thanks for all the effort you’ve put into this

2 Likes

Nailed it.

1 Like

I Know some of you love Human Nature but this is as close as ill get to them!