The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

“The evolution of dance music” is a great theme for a set. I don’t know much about its history, so, you’ve got me interested. YES

1 Like

I can see that you’re going to cause me great angst with this set Mr Rain.

Take a leaf from the dancer near the start and play some Killing Joke instead of continuing on this doom bound dance theme.

NO!!!

1 Like

Arthur Russell is rad. Love me some Dinosaur L. Levan and Kevorkian had a hand in this track, right? Anyway, that’s a yes.

1 Like

Soz, my man. Not spinning my usual eclectic musical genre-hopping style in this set. I wanna share a story about dance music. Even if I am booted on one song, I plan on continuing the story until its natural end in a future set. And KJ challenged me to ‘stand up’ in a previous set, so here I am.

Cheers, Kira. Warning in advance - a few tracks may be long, but that is dance music.

Dust off the Royal Elastics, grab the talcum powder and let’s boogie.

3 Likes

Damn you and your principles…now, where are my ear plugs :wink:

2 Likes

Your knowledge of music is outstanding, Jez-san. Yes, this is a Larry Levan remix.

I might have read some stuff while listening to fill the gaps in my knowledge :wink:

1 Like

Sorry I had to duck out for some talcum powder. Yes.

2 Likes

Yeah, ok.

DJ JohnRain (first spin)
SONG #1206 Is it all over my face, by Mirror people

YES: Kira, Jez, Robin, Zimmer,
NO: Swood,

4-1

I’m over my Ian McCulloch avatar and am most jealous of your new one. :laughing:

1 Like

lol. Wasn’t easy to find a grab at reasonable res from that film.

1 Like

Disco - yes.

1 Like

Did not like that much at all.

Have a first ball yes.

That was pretty average, a very bare pass yes.

1 Like

Lol, not sure where you got the question/challenge stuff from. Maybe confusing me with someone else.

And a no to the song.

1 Like

Did you plan to post the actual Loose Joints version of the song? What’s Mirror People? I listened to both on YouTube and they sound a bit different.

Nope. I am not confusing you, Sir. And I thought you would be keen to see dance music restored to its glory. I’ll work harder. :wink:

1 Like

Yes

Mirror People (Portugese DJ) - reworked Levan’s remix of the song. The original is 7 mins and slower. And I like the old disco club vid with the punks having a boogie.

1 Like