THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

50/50 against North?

Yep agree. I think people are still hurting from the flogging we just copped.

Also, no Buddy for the Sydney game now.

Road to the finals, I think we’ve lost our gps and our mojo.

2 Likes

But don’t you want to talk about the other sides :man_shrugging:t2:

I do. I still think Brisbane will miss.

O.K. Taking Geelong as an example they were beaten yesterday and seemed sluggish. I guess they are entitled to have a day off even after the bye.

They are a very good unit. They do everything we don’t do and probably do to some extent coach themselves on the field. We are a long way from being a cohesive unit where the total sum of the parts equals more than……………. we get by on having a few stars but we are nowhere near being able to fit together like a pair of gloves. That is everyone on the same page and almost being able to second guess each other. They are in synch. We are not.

West Coast are similar and getting Nick-Nat back will be huge for them as it will free everything up. He is a very good tap mobile ruckman. He is coming back after injury but he will be hungry. West Coast have some real talent who have been flying under the radar.

Collingwood are a good unit. And will be there abouts this year come finals. Like several other clubs they have been playing catch up after a lot of injuries.

GWS - Leon Cameron must be wondering when they are going to crack it. They are also playing some good footy.

Richmond - if they can get some of their injured players back and fit, there is no reason why Richmond cannot be part of the top 6.

Some people are saying Sydney are back but I don’t think they are anywhere near their best.
And near enough simply will not be good enough and no Buddy consistently. Buddy roaming across HF makes a big difference to Sydney. Even tho’ he is not the player he once was he would probably be still be good enough to slip into any AFL side.

The other team to fill missing space might be Port Adelaide.

I think the smokies into the eight might be The Brisbane Lions and Freo might scrape in.

I cannot see Essendon moving up the ladder. I think we will continue our inconsistant run and slide down the ladder. Another year of promises which became confetti. Not even the bridesmaid.

1 Like

Now, don’t you feel better ?

3 Likes

not really, but I am well and truly over, wishing it could be different.

1 Like

Big call Lance.
Of course, they could still fall in a hole, but they look Finals bound with their draw, and reasonably strong percentage.
4 more wins should be enough, but they could easily achieve 13 or more.
They might sneak 6th and a home Final !

1 Like

Nothing against them. I actually really like Brisbane. I just think they’ll slow and i even think Melbourne will get them next weekend. If that happens it’ll become tough for them.

Yep, it’s doable for the Demons if they improve their forward efficiency.
To borrow a Diggers-ism (stolen from former PM), anyone not barracking for Melb next week is a b u m !

1 Like

No chance.

Who have what is regarded as the best list manager in the game.

mmmhhh…

Terrific win by Port Power, credit to them.
They gave Geelong nothing all game, and responded every time they were challenged.

The Top 4 looks settled to me.
Whilst certainly close enough, I don’t rate the 2 sides on 8-5 (Adel&Bris) as being good enough to force their way any higher.
Having looked at the respective draws of Adel & Bris, they should now both make it to 12 - 13 wins.
If anything, Brisbane’s draw looks marginally easier, but they are more of an unknown quantity.
Until something extraordinary happens, like Melb def Brissie at home, I’ll assume they are Top 8 safe.

The battle for 7/8th appears a contest between 4 sides (Port, Freo, Rich, Ess)
I’m discounting any side below us, including the Saints who are clearly not good enough.
Our Elimination Final is on Thursday night.
We won’t make it if we lose, and may still fluff it up if we win.

Apart from our game, it’s a fairly uninspiring round of footy next week.
Melb might give Brisbane a game.
Can the Crows surprise Geelong at GMHBA on the rebound ?
St.K v Rich…meh

4 Likes

I think they’ll win 3 of those.

1 Like

I hope you’re right Deck, I really do.

1 Like

I’m always right.
Except…just now.

2 Likes

Stats from AFL site on number of 5 and 3 goals runs conceded, and then 5 and 3 goals in a row you’ve kicked. Story was about Melbourne hence the red bar.

We are typically in that 1/3-ish group of the worse.

In degree of difficulty order

Pies
Eagles L
Crows
Freo
Giants W
Power
Hawks W
Swans
Dogs
North
Suns