THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

i think you are right, win every game and fourth is ours. I am also confident that 5/6 is ours now for sure and a hgome final against adelaide or GWS.

To be honest, Iā€™m pretty worried about all this hype and positivity.

Itā€™s the kind of feelings that end up in unexpected losses.

5 weeks is a long time in footy. 1 game at a time. Need to beat GC otherwise our great work last night is undone.

4 Likes

One of the nice things about playing the Suns next Sunday, apart from the extended break, is that weā€™re the last game in the Round.
Everyone else will have played twice so weā€™ll have a very good idea of whatā€™s at stake.
Less chance of complacency if a team or two have caught up.
Equally a higher ladder spot might be up for grabs.

We probably want to finish 5th to avoid Eagles in second week of the finals.

1 Like

If we canā€™t beat GC then burn the club down. FARK Carlton is smashing them, let alone every other team so far.

1 Like

You are dead right: it was a great win last night, but it will mean nothing at all unless we keep on.

The positivity has come because for the first time for many years thereā€™s a feeling that we might actually win next week, and the week after, and the week after that ā€¦

The team seems to have that sort of mindset.

And the coach is most certainly not getting ahead of himself. There was really only one message from his presser, and the same thing on his From the Coaches thing, which was, Great win, now to get ready for Gold Coast.

Itā€™s impossible not to think about what might happen from here on. And thereā€™s no reason not to. So long as we donā€™t start thinking weā€™ve won matches before weā€™ve actually played them.

1 Like

Yep. 100% agree. This has been our problem for so long.

As long as the club doesnā€™t have the same mindset as supporters in expecting to rock up to the Gold Coast and win by 15 goals next weekā€¦ we should be right. That may happen but we will have to continue working hard for it.

I feel like I should be barracking for North and Adelaide a lot from now onā€¦

Next 2 weeks will be telling.
We have Suns and Port.
Lions have north (H), hawks in tassie then Dogs at home
Port have GWS(H) and Us
Pies have tigers then Suns.
Richmond have Pies and Dees.

So basically if Tigers can squeeze into 4th then we need lions to drop a couple of games. Pies have an easy run. Our game against them could be battle for home final in week 1.

Actually, Brisbanes last two games are against Geelong and Richmond so hopefully Geelong arenā€™t clear on top and will beat Lions. Need Lions to drop another one or two somewhere.

Win the next 5 and second place is possible (with the help of a few upsets). Dare to dream.

2 Likes

Nobody can stop us. Believe.

2 Likes

If North beats Brisbaneā€¦ top 4 is on!

1 Like

Iā€™d take an away against the Lions.

2 Likes

This weekend I think North can knock over Lions, theyā€™d be stinging over the last minute loss to us plus get Higgins back, and I expect WC to bounce back from Pies close loss and beat Dees.

All of sudden with what should be a percentage booster against GC then we are up to our necks for top4 spot

Imagine if we snuck into 4th and got the Cats at the G. With our form at that point Iā€™d back us in. Just imagineā€¦

2 Likes

Go Doggies!

(Oops, sorry)

I just canā€™t support North Melbourneā€¦ even if it means we get a better position in the 8 eventually.

Would be more than happy to watch them lose by 15 goals tonight.

1 Like

Can we win it without Joey?

Who cares? Would rather us benefit at the end of the day. And are they really benefitting? Wonā€™t make finals and will just end up with another ā– ā– ā– ā–  pick.

Yes. North!

3 Likes