The Round 5 thread

We played terrible footy last week, and could have won.

This mob have no pride. Fark Carlton.

And isn’t it just a joy to behold.

They actually won last week too after the saints were well on top. We better fire up on Sunday or I’ll be pretty ■■■■■■

Coll 76 pts up with 4 minutes to go. Oxley loses his boot and starts to undo his lace on the ground, Frost runs up to him and tells him to go to the bench to do it.
Thats when you know the teams playing with 100% commitment to the plan.
That’s why they’re playing so well!

Fkn really enjoyed Collingwood being hopeless for a season, was hoping this would be another.

I am really hanging out in hope that it is a false dawn and just giving them further to fall. Geelong, Richmond, Gold Coast away and North Melbourne in the next 4 are all winnable, but also are all potential losses (assuming Ablett is back and fully fit).

Fkn really enjoyed Collingwood being hopeless for a season, was hoping this would be another.

I am really hanging out in hope that it is a false dawn and just giving them further to fall. Geelong, Richmond, Gold Coast away and North Melbourne in the next 4 are all winnable, but also are all potential losses (assuming Ablett is back and fully fit).

Also lets remember that other than us the teams they have beaten are Brisbane (0 wins), Carlton (1 win) and St Kilda (1 win).

Very good show at winning all 4. None of those sides like pressure and none excel at applying pressure themselves

Also lets remember that other than us the teams they have beaten are Brisbane (0 wins), Carlton (1 win) and St Kilda (1 win).

Very good point.

Still don’t rate them though. We failed to make them play in their own def half which is their biggest weakness imo

Collingwood last week were one of the worst skilled teams we’ve played in recent years… And they still fkn won.

Serving up that on such a big occasion against your biggest rivals, you shouldn’t lack for motivation in that type of game, yet they appeared to. They had a crack against us but the skills were poor. Tonight they barely gave a yelp.

Pies draw is sooo soft. Not one of Port swans hawks or freo b4 the bye and not one twice. They play us blues cats tigers and Melbourne twice. Spare me

need to watch that replay with benny hill music in the background

With all to carry-on about M Malthouse recently, was thinking about coaches and their nemesis' the other day. Malthouse's would be B Hardie, Kevin Sheedy's would be D Kickett but I couldn't come up with one for L Mathews. He can't be that good a bloke, can he?
Aker. I dunno if someone who stiffs you once is a nemesis though.

He’d have to be close although I’m not sure Akermanis hates Mathews like D Kickett hates Sheedy or Brad Hardie hates Malthouse.

Armfield is still on list? Wtf

Seeing him out the still gives me hope I might one day make it.

Albeit I’m 34 overweight and unfit.

"He's just a winner, Varcoe". Jesus, Bruce.

He’s one of those that benefitted from right place right time.

"He's just a winner, Varcoe". Jesus, Bruce.

He’s one of those that benefitted from right place right time.

Who jumped rrom Geelong at the right time. Once the wheels fall off at Collingwood he will be nowhere to be seen.
Collingwood last week were one of the worst skilled teams we've played in recent years............ And they still fkn won.

Almost every Collingwood player is sprinting on the spread and are getting to the ball first almost every time. When they turn it over, almost every player is sprinting back to the contest and playing man on man.
Did it to us. Did it to Carlton
Can they do this for 22 rounds?
Probably not.

Hope Geelong win by 12 goals and Hawkins kicks 10.

I wonder why the media darilng best defender in the comp in Rance hasn’t gone to Tom Hawkins. My thinking is because he isn’t that good a defender. Anyway Tomahawk has kicked the first 2 goals for the match.