The selected team vs Norf (2019 round 17): no change, but shenanigans with the VFL team naming

I think this is being read incorrectly.
If 50 people tip one side to win over the other, it doesn’t mean it’s a 50-0 chance.
It means 50 people thought one side would win, however slightly.
Not rocket science, really.

Changes to both sides since last time we met.

North:
OUT: Higgins, Hall, Wright, Davies-Uniacke & Scott

IN: Williams, Thomas, Larkey, McDonald & Taylor

Dons:
OUT: Heppell, Bellchambers, Ridley, Daniher, Myers, Ham, Ambrose & Baguley

IN: Gleeson, Zaharakis, Laverde, D Clarke, Francis, Langford, Z Clarke & McKernan

Yea I dunno what that means but I like the cut of your jib

Go Bombers

2 Likes

They beat us in there for probably 2.5 quarters.
Not flogged. That’s hyperbole.

11 centre clearances each.

1 Like

Dons by 3 points

I have used up my 6 game membership :expressionless:

Does anyone know if there is any general admission today? Or is like $70 the cheapest on the Ticketmaster website? What a joke.

agree to disagree. i think we got pasted for 2 of those quarters. still not really sure how we won. our pace off half back probably. hope we can use it to our advantage today.

The North hype in the media is ■■■■■■■ revolting. Please Bombers, shut this ■■■■ down.

2 Likes

We’ve not got within 2-3000 of a sellout there for a decade

There’s always GA.

Ticketmaster and Ticketek are absolute fraudulent ■■■■■.

4 Likes

Might be worth heading to membership outside and buy cheapie membership

1 Like

How exactly has Clarke been found out?

He has played on the oppositions best midfielder each week and beat them.

He has also joined in in general play and shown to be effective.

What were your expectations for a kid that’s played half a dozen games?

No AFL changes at Windy Hill.

Hartley and Ham are the emergencies.

I think the game is sold out. Does anyone know if there normally are tickets for sale at the last minute at the ground. Last chance to see them before I return overseas.

Hey mate I checked the Ticketmaster website again and suddenly General Admission is now available. Definitely don’t think it will be a sellout (or it’s not yet).

Thanks. I checked Ticketmaster 30 minutes ago and there wasn’t anything available.

Me too, luckily I checked again. Fair joke.

2 Likes

It’s been almost the perfect buildup from an Essendon point of view

Media talking up north all week

Essendon not really being given a chance

Essendon players have said they weren’t happy with last weeks performance and will be itching to put to play better

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Essendon be the hunters today instead of the hunted

7 Likes

Hasnt made many mistakes so far at AFL level has DClarke… played within his capabilities, dishes off to better kicks, clears space for quicker runners… His okish efforts so far have given our other mids, Shiel, McGrath etc. more space to do their thing. For that reason alone his ‘ok’ has been worth a lot more to the side than first impressions might suggest

3 Likes

Kind of hoping Hartley plays, in the ruck, just so blitzers can get over asking for it to happen.

1 Like

I was able to get a couple. thanks for that. Ticketmaster are obviously playing with the public to suit their sales. GA tickets were not available last night. I tried to buy them at over 50 dollars each but stuffed up the purchase procedure. When I tried again couldn’t get them.
This morning the same. Then miraculously they are available early afternoon. Where is this world coming to.