The Squad vs the Lions

‘Deflated’, shouldn’t have an exclamation mark.

1 Like

Of course we are playing for the now. We are only two games out of the 8!

This notion Woosh playing for survival not right. Contract extended this year for 2 more. The whole team is still very much a work in progress.

Side selected is done in the selectors views of giving us supposedly the best chance of winning this game of football

Majority would dispute those choices however and think that, Clarke would provide greater output than Myers. And that Francis would provide greater output than Brown.

On the Myers front I agree. On the Brown front not so as not sure Francis has ever shown his credentials as being the main kpd if the Hooker/Brown switch happens, or as a main fwd.

But he does need to be given a chance soon as that was as good a chance as any against a lower ladder side. But alas it was not so keep banging the door down lad.

3 Likes

There are lot’s of Essendon people who are interested in Grand Final stuff regardless of whether we are playing or not. If I was wealthier I’d probably be interested myself. No one is forcing you to buy anything, you are simply being offered the option. I see no problem with that at all.

2 Likes

We are nowhere near full blown rebuild bad (fight me) and Brown/Green aren’t old codgers.

We played very good football for 2 out of 3 weeks (and won some KPIs despite the thrashing vs the tiges) and want to maintain a similar setup.

1 Like

I love it that we don’t develop kids for the future. I reckon it’s great.

Get rid of a Guelfi for Henneman.

5 Likes

We have to silence any destabilising contract renewal discussion. Best to just sign him up.

1 Like

And only idiots continue to play the same frauds that are proven to be not up to it.
Surely there comes a time when you decide geez we have given this bloke enough chances let’s move on and see what someone else can bring to the table

15 Likes

Why are you calling Myers a ‘fraud’?
And plural - so who are the other ‘frauds’, and why are they ‘frauds’?

2 Likes

Because I don’t rate him at all and he has had more than enough chances and has proven almost every time that he isn’t up to it and I think the game has gotten further away from him. Has more than just photos of Woosha

2 Likes

That’s not being a ‘fraud’.
That is being a footballer who you don’t think is as good or worthy of a place as the selectors do.
A ‘fraud’ is a derogatory term usually used to describe someone who is claiming to be something they are not. Myers is not claiming anything.
Using that term to describe him is a poor reflection on yourself, not on him.

13 Likes

You were being disingenuous by playing dumb not knowing what aceman meant. All so you can smug it up

4 Likes

Oh ok, I forgot our players are all the best in the comp and it’s only luck that has stopped us winning all these years :roll_eyes:

When are people going to wake up and realise our list is nowhere good enough.
Maybe fraud is the wrong term and I’ll apologise if I offended you but I’ll stand by the fact that we continue to gift games and careers to unworthy players

1 Like

I’ve been a fan of David Myers over tbe years, largely because of his great left foot…but even I have to say that there are others now who deserve a chance. His repeated inclusion, despite performances that were average at best, really is a bit of a mystery.

2 Likes

I wasn’t being disingenuous - I am once again trying to make the point that is is grossly unfair on one of our players to call him names because he is selected to play. If you don’t want him to play, or feel there are better options - fine! There is no need to call him ‘fraud’ or any other kind of name. That’s farking bad form and should be called out, every time.

3 Likes

Yes, it offends me, and I’ll accept that apology.
And I also would prefer Clarke playing.
But that is not Myer’s fault or choice.

4 Likes

So call him out. Don’t pretend you don’t know what he means so you can go on a big song and dance because you disagree

1 Like

Those changes are systematic of why this club is a steaming pile of sh-t.

I’m done with this coach and club.

Go get fked

20 Likes

Instead of blowing my cool like I usually do and getting into a word-fight, I wanted to be calm and reasonable. Don’t know why you’ve taken such exception to it.

Friendship with woosha and senior team over.

Dan Jordan and VFL new best friend.

So what/who are the changes?

In
Myers
Brown
?
?

Out
Stewart
Laverde
?
?