The Squad vs the Lions

1 Like

While I agree with this, the problem is that last week Myers spent too long trailing VFL midfielders to the ball. Iā€™m not sure heā€™s the player to curb the influence of the opposition midfield.

Yeah, I agree.
All I can think of is either that he will have a negating role on Beams, or he is required for some structural thing I donā€™t understand.

1 Like

It has to be some structural thing. But I deliberately watched Myers work at the stoppages in the VFL video this week (admittedly not the whole game yet), and I didnā€™t see anything that I considered would be valuable at AFL level.

Hopefully he plays well.

Outs: the Future
Ins: WTF

No Francis in is just cruel to him and to the fans.

And why not give Laverde another game before the bye?

Does he think we are going to play finals?

Nope. bad

How are we favourites? Weā€™ve won more games this year but Brisbane have played longer stretches of quality football. We donā€™t travel well and will have one eye on the bye. Theyā€™re certainties this week.

6 Likes

Just logged in and saw the final team and this was the last comment. Sums it up perfectly.

Which makes us certainties

2 Likes

Which is fine if itā€™s round 1 but we canā€™t play finals now and quite frankly it wont help us if we happen to just scrape in again.

This is the most despondent iā€™ve been about selection.

2 Likes

PS anyone here still thinks we should be picking the team based on making the 8? If so kindly de-register yourself.

3 Likes

Of course we can play finals now.
I highly doubt it, but it certainly is possible. There are another what - 13 games? It will take 13 games to get in to the finals. I donā€™t know if itā€™s ever a good idea to concede before you have to concede.

2 Likes

Maybe Myers might pull a hammy or calf getting on the plane. That would be the team thing to do

I can only think that the coaches think we can still make the finalsā€¦ morons.

1 Like

Blitz carrying on over selections =

49f7469e2062e9febf8693e04b318e9d

4 Likes

Weā€™ve played 11. There are 11 to go. We need to go 8-3 over those 11, minimum to make finals.

Is it possible? Yes. But places like thearc give us about 4% chance.

Far better use of these games is to figure out what to do with the list

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s exactly what weā€™re doing, without being silly about it.
I know we wonā€™t agree on that, but thatā€™s ok.

2 Likes

Does the VFL have a bye as well after this weekend?

Hearing Harwick talk about Miles ā€˜heā€™s been in the best in vfl for 5-6 weeksā€™

Woosha should be ā€˜Myers played 1 rubbish game in the vflā€¦ nice left foot thoughā€™ if he was honest.

2 Likes

I like the way weā€™ve managed guys like Guelfi and Ridley this year (I think Ridley would have been rested this week regardless) and hopefully we do the same with Redman.
ie give them 3 or 4 games, then a spell and reload.
Essentially did similar with Mutch although it turns out he wasnā€™t rested like they said at the time.

They essentially did the same with McNeice and have possibly concluded heā€™s not up to it.

Need to do the same with Clarkeā€¦ should have started this week instead of Myers.

Need to do the same with Francis soonā€¦ although seeing as heā€™s 3rd year iā€™d give him more than 3 or 4 in a row if possible.

Apart from that, iā€™m really not sure there are any youngsters who are ready. It might do them more harm than good to play above VFL.

Actually, once weā€™re mathematically out of contention for the 8, iā€™d give Draper a few games late in the season

2 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā–  this club.

Why are we giving Myers a game again?