The Strange Thread

People are strange, and people on Blitz are much stranger, so I thought I’d pose this question.

What have you never done that is extremely common?

I’ll start the ball rolling. I have never drunk coffee. I’m 34. I’ve just never had the desire to do it (and yes, I’m tired all the f’n time). I have other forms of caffeine (coke tea etc) but never coffee.

I have a friend the same age who has never seen Star Wars (which I think is a crime) and another friend who has never played Monopoly, which I think is extremely odd.

Go.

Unsure what's appropriate to say next...

Just no pics of you in a push up bra thanks.

Ok, but you’ll never know what you’re missing.

Strange thread going in new directions!

Never grown up.

Never grown up.

Not at all unusual.

Never watched The Sound of Music.

That’s a good one. That is so weird. Watch it.

Never seen ET, Titanic, Avatar, any LOTR, any Harry Potter.

Haven’t watched Titanic. Or Gone With The Wind.
…and…never will.

I have never cheated in a game. Even playing monopoly, as a child, by myself, I never cheated.

I never really learned to ride a bike. As a kid, my mum refused to get me one, because she thought I’d kill myself (and she was probably right). Tried to ride my cousin’s bike when he left it with me when he travelled overseas - I fell off outside my front gate. Bought a new mountain bike about 5 years ago - threw it over the back fence into the alley after a week of frustrated attempts.

I have never followed a recipe. I love cooking, and anyone who knows me well knows that I’m a pretty good cook and have a very diverse repertoire. But I can’t bring myself to follow a recipe - feels like ‘colouring-by-numbers’. Or …cheating.

I’m sure there’s more, since I’m so OCD.

1 Like
Haven't watched Titanic. Or Gone With The Wind. ...and...never will.

I have never cheated in a game. Even playing monopoly, as a child, by myself, I never cheated.

I never really learned to ride a bike. As a kid, my mum refused to get me one, because she thought I’d kill myself (and she was probably right). Tried to ride my cousin’s bike when he left it with me when he travelled overseas - I fell off outside my front gate. Bought a new mountain bike about 5 years ago - threw it over the back fence into the alley after a week of frustrated attempts.

I have never followed a recipe. I love cooking, and anyone who knows me well knows that I’m a pretty good cook and have a very diverse repertoire. But I can’t bring myself to follow a recipe - feels like ‘colouring-by-numbers’. Or …cheating.

I find cooking is more going by just tasting, maybe a brief lookup to see the flavours you’re working with.

But baking is the devils work.

I can say the same.

Ditto on the bike, but I read GWTW when I was 12…all 1042 pages of it, and have seen the film a few times. About then was the centenary of the Civil War and we had an American encyclopaedia, so I was right up on it.

I follow recipes as far as baking goes, and to a point for everything else. No need to be too ■■■■ about a lot of dishes. I generally add some sort of heat.

Never had tea or coffee and can’t stand the smell.

Never read Harry Potter

Never watched Game of Thrones

Never watched The Simpsons or Friends

Never watched The Simpsons

Clubhouse leader. Was your family Amish or something?

I can say the same.

Humblebrag thread is thaddaway guys

Never watched The Simpsons

Clubhouse leader. Was your family Amish or something?

Well we ain’t Amish but we’re really something :wink:

Never watched any Star Wars movie.

1 Like

never seen a full episode or either How i Met your mother or Big Bang Theory

never had a broken bone

never watched game of thrones

never seen a full episode or either How i Met your mother or Big Bang Theory

never had a broken bone

never watched game of thrones

You are the bloke that rates Iron Man super highly, so theres that.