The Team against St.Kilda: Jobe's 200th!

I’m shuddering at the thought of either Gwilt or Stein picking up Roo or Bruce

Bruce 1.97 Reiwoldt 1.93 Gwilt 1.88 Steinberg 1.91 Hurley 1.93 Hooker 1.96

Really couple of CMs ain’t much.
For example was Hurley listed as 200cm prior his hair cut?

Vertical leap taken into account?

As long as we don’t have a 1.70 bloke playing on a 1.90> bloke shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Congratulations Jobe on reaching 200 games. Thank you for your inspiration and your leadership.

Not much said about Jobes milestone in the media, pretty disappointing but I should’ve expected it.

Pretty hard to read the side going by the vfl squad, so many guys named in both!

go hirdy

Hurley must stay back, one of the few things that has been working for us

I don’t think he “must”. But I’d prefer him to stay back and Steiny go forward.

We have one kpf and we are going to stick him in the ruck. Smh.

What are the chances of Browne playing? Next to none?

Hmmm… Logic would say Giles rucks. McKernan / Daniher both play forward. How bad can Giles be? I’m really curious what it is they want from him before he’s even remotely considered.

If he doesn't get dropped, which he will, I would play Edwards at full forward. He is 6 foot 3, keep Hurley back.

He is also is quick, but refused to chase last week.

Maybe this time he will sit down, thus negating two attributes.

I was pretty excited after his first game, and very disappointed after his second.

Saw this in the Age today. A sad reflection of Jobe’s state of mind ATM.

On the eve of his 200th game, Essendon captain Jobe Watson is struggling to enjoy his football, and is seriously contemplating the end of his career.

Watson, the son of Bombers’ legend Tim, has captained the club through arguably its darkest hour – an hour that has stretched on to days, weeks and years as WADA prepares its appeal in the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Despite admitting that he no longer really enjoys talking to the media, Watson was doing the rounds of talkback radio this week to celebrate his 200th game, which he will play against St Kilda on Sunday.

Speaking to SEN on Thursday night, he admitted there was plenty about the game that he no longer liked.

"When you’re young, you dream to play in footy. I was the same, it was my dream. But I suppose the longer you’re in it, the more you realise there are good things and tough things. I still enjoy the vast majority of it, but there are tough things about it.

"Where we thought we were at, we’re not at. And that makes it difficult. And the older you get, the closer you get to the end. So the idea of being able to achieve the ultimate success, there are less and less chances to do so.

“So when you’re four and eight and not where we thought we would be, the enjoyment becomes more difficult.”

Watson’s Bombers have struggled this season, and halfway through the year have recorded only four wins, three of them against strugglers: Brisbane, Carlton and St Kilda.

Watson also addressed photos that were released on Thursday of Gold Coast star Harley Bennell allegedly engaged in illicit drug use.

He said the problem wasn’t footballers, and that any drugs issues the code suffered from were only a reflection of society at large.

"Footy, and all the people who are involved in footy, are just a small reflection of all the problems that broader society faces. It’s a priblem within the entire community. [This incident] just shows that players are not immune to it.

“Footballers are just a reflection of society, and without a doubt there is been an increase [in drug use].”

«1…2627282930

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

That’s farking depressing to read. All the best Jobe. Here’s hoping the players get the win for ya!! An absolute champion bloke that deserves MUCH better!

Something tells me he will hang up the boots when his contract ends.

Bruce 1.97 Reiwoldt 1.93 Gwilt 1.88 Steinberg 1.91 Hurley 1.93 Hooker 1.96

I’m hoping for;

Hooker v Bruce
Hurley v Reiwoldt
Gwilt v Membrey

Melks v Armitage

And run with Jobe at FF, Joey at CHF, Licka & Jerrett in the pockets, Zaka HFF and other HFF rotate Zerrett & Cooney there.

I feel Edwards may be dropped in favour of Licka unfortunately. Shouldn’t be the case as Edwards is 1 and 1 on his form in the firsts and needs this game to really see where he is at but Licka will be trusted at selection table. Playing both Licka & Edwards is a risk I don’t think they’ll take.

I’m sick of people on here who state “you obviously haven’t been watching Giles play in the two’s”

He rucked pretty well on the weekend. 37 hitouts and a goal. Not sure what else he needs to do?

Steinberg deserves a call up but surely they aren’t going to take our potential all australian fb in Hurley and throw him forward???

Smack only managed 18 hitouts against the dawks and IMO would work better this weekend playing 70% chf-30% ruck changing with Giles, leaving Hurley in the back line where he’s dominated most of the season.

Sunday ■■■■■■ Sunday

Supporters, members. coaches, players torn apart

i know edwards wasnt good last week but i think let him play this week.

NOB dislike big time slow, fat, get him out please.

and Gwilt has been serviceable and happy to have him in the team.

steinberg is not better then him and neither is pears.

I feel for Jobe as it appears to have taken a massive toll on his football and looks a shadow of the player he was.

It would be pretty disheartening to look beside you and see players not giving 100% or not really wanting to be out there each week, especially when you give 110% every week, which is what he would be seeing at the moment.