The Team-Anzac Day 2022

Blue collar these days means perpetual bruise free smoko.

Not hard work.

Just excited to see 7 kids under 21 on the big stage.
Huge opportunity for them and for our future.
Hobbs
Baldwin
Martin
Durham
Cox
Perkins
Caldwell
Third of the team are babies. Puts it in perspective with our inconsistency

7 Likes

Not really. Itā€™s the senior guys that have been the catalyst for the year so far.

1 Like

And it wouldnā€™t be a stretch to suggest that all of these gents will play a lot of AFL footy.

I hope so but I wouldnā€™t put it past Rutten to do it if Cutler comes back in - same height and, like Mihocek, has a good tank. Unlike Mihocek, Cutler is poor in a contest as we all. But that hasnā€™t stopped Rutten picking him nearly every week despite the fact Rutten bangs on about being a ā€œblue collar teamā€ and good in contested ball.

Our outs from last time were huge as all of them were in good form.

1 Like

Another embarrassing day on the big stage coming up for the Essendon Football Club no doubt. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Could give the record marging of 70 odd a nudge today.

This will be over by the 15 min mark of the 1st qtr.

3 Likes

Cox has looked all out of sorts.
Therefore, I hope counter intuitively, it must be time for him to have a big game.

1 Like

Well, arent you guys funā€¦

7 Likes

Sidebottom will seagull his 4th before HT and YOU WILL LIKE IT.

3 Likes

Weā€™re gonna win*

*could also lose^

^but hope we win

5 Likes

That would be advantageous for me as there are a number of things I really need to get done today. With the VFL team now being decimated and not worth watching the senior team remains the only variable.

3 Likes

I must have missed something but the narrative this week seems to be that Rutten has ā€˜gone hardā€™ with the changes and made a statement. Ummmm wat?

So after one of the most pathetic performances in recent memory (and that is a pretty low bar) we have dropped Phillips due to injury (and not brought in a 2nd ruck to replace him)ā€¦ and Smith (who was dropped 2 weeks ago and anyone with a brain wanted him in the cannon last year) and Hind (a surprise packet last year who has not looked right this year and was basically replaced by Kelly)ā€¦ oh and possibly Cutler who has been in and out at the Sub and isnā€™t best 22 in most eyes.

Sooooo we get SMASHED in the midfield by Freoā€¦ and our ā€˜big responseā€™ is to drop exactly ZERO midfieldersā€¦ I see. We have dropped an old, slow, brain dead half forward flanker whose last good game was three seasons agoā€¦ and a half back flanker that we picked up for a bag of stale chipsā€¦ whoa Truck is really bringing the hammer. Thatā€™ll learn 'em for being lazy, unaccountable, front runner squibs at the contest.

We are going to get smashed todayā€¦ absolutely smashed and we will be smashed in the middleā€¦ and Heppell will get burned over and over and over again because he is too slow and then he will laugh and tussle the guys hair after the game to show leadershipā€¦ Stringer will be a late ā€˜outā€™ā€¦ or he will get an injury 5 minutes into the first quarterā€¦ Merrett will look GREAT for the first quarter and then run out of puffā€¦ Shiel will run around the back collecting useless stats and then proceeding to turn the ball over by footā€¦ repeatedly. Cox will look like a duck in headlights before dumping handballs into guys feet to turn the ball over at half backā€¦ enough times that he then jogs laconically to the bench to have his hair tussled by Heppell to feel betterā€¦ Wright will get scragged, tagged, pummelled with no whistle and then be exhausted from chopping Drapes out in the ruck and thus have zero impact up forward. Draper will get some amazingly beautiful taps right down the throat of De Goey and Pendlesā€¦ and then accumulate exactly 4 disposals himself as Grundy takes him to the cleaners all around the ground. By the middle of the 3rdā€¦ most of our team will have their heads down and look like they are cemented to the groundā€¦

And then we will all come to Blitz and talk about how bad things areā€¦ Heppell will do an interview talking about how much the players are hurtingā€¦ and how disappointed they are that they look so good during training drills in the hangar and then it doesnā€™t go that way on gamedayā€¦ and Truck will say we ā€œjust couldnā€™t go with themā€ when they put some effort inā€¦

Rinse. Repeat.

12 Likes

Iā€™m really enjoying your melt downs at the moment.

Keep up the good work

3 Likes

I sense that the supporter base is feeling quite confident about this one.

4 Likes

I hope the constant negativity is just a stunning display of reverse psychology that will see us win today. Great work lads keep reversing at all costs :clap:

4 Likes

Gee lots of wet blankets in here today!
As much as we stunk it up last week we have a lot of proud young men on our list. Guys like Parish and McGrath will bring the fight and others will follow.
We will win.

1 Like

We will flog them

Can I have some of that crack youā€™re smoking?

2 Likes