The Team: Essendon v GWS

Jobs done now

what i take from the selection is Browne and Kavanagh will be gone in 2016.

That’s a load off for Borwne and Kav. Now they can gear up for a big 2016 in the Red and Black.

That’s a load off for Borwne and Kav. Now they can gear up for a big 2016 in the Red and Black.

Pascoe Vale footy club will be thrilled. Knew they were spending up big of late. Michael Ross plays there, remember him?

Pascoe Vale footy club will be thrilled. Knew they were spending up big of late. Michael Ross plays there, remember him?

I don’t know where Pascoe Vale is and I resent the implication that I do.

Oh good, Giles is still in. Looks like another great ruck game coming up and a by the numbers dismantling of the opposition.

What’s your solution?

Anyone really. Gleeson? But mainly McKernan. Or McKernan AND Giles.

Pascoe Vale was founded and named by an Italian named Pasquale. Australian’s just couldn’t understand a word he said. *

• this may or may not be true.

Pascoe Viiile

Kavanagh would have to be gone at the end of the year surely. Seems way out of contention to get back in.
He had his chance and didn’t take it, unlike some others who have.

Hardingham has played a couple of games for them too and they love him.

Kavanagh would have to be gone at the end of the year surely. Seems way out of contention to get back in. He had his chance and didn't take it, unlike some others who have.

I think A Browne might be joining him.

If in fact Browne is on the block and mightn’t be there next year, I would be somewhat surprised…the guy has played just three games this year, the first of which he looked to have settled straight back in before the concussion. Hirdy likes him, I thought we were mostly impressed with his form late 2012 which was the last time before this year he played senior football.
I think once he gets his body right and strings some games together he is good enough to make it, his hard approach and attitude is likeable, he’s a real go-er. Surely the club can’t move him on after 11 games where he is yet to establish himself and hasn’t ever had continuity in his football. IMO Dalgleish and Aylett ahead of him to be delisted also.

Remember what happened to Prismall? We gave him a ‘sympathetic’ 1 year contract when he did his ACL in 2011 - he didn’t get a game in 2012 and was delisted. A similar fate awaits Browne?
It’s not like he has runs on the board at lower level like Steinberg. A nervous month for him, I’m sure.

love how browne was the coming of hird himself before he got a game in the AFL, now hes up there with Kav in terms of wtf is he still doing on our list, post him being dropped

dropping browne is our classic list management though… youngster plays a good game, plays a ■■■■ next game, dropped, never seen again

Remember what happened to Prismall? We gave him a 'sympathetic' 1 year contract when he did his ACL in 2011 - he didn't get a game in 2012 and was delisted. A similar fate awaits Browne? It's not like he has runs on the board at lower level like Steinberg. A nervous month for him, I'm sure.
Remember what happened to Prismall? We gave him a 'sympathetic' 1 year contract when he did his ACL in 2011 - he didn't get a game in 2012 and was delisted. A similar fate awaits Browne? It's not like he has runs on the board at lower level like Steinberg. A nervous month for him, I'm sure.

I get the comparison with Prismall and the circumstances are similar however Prismall got 2-3 seasons playing the majority of the time to prove himself before it became clear he wasn’t going to improve us or be a part of the future plans. Has Browne been afforded the same opportunity?

Borderline kid with terrible injury run doesn’t end up making it?? No way.

I reckon he’ll play again before the end of the year and won’t be delisted.

I get the comparison with Prismall and the circumstances are similar however Prismall got 2-3 seasons playing the majority of the time to prove himself before it became clear he wasn’t going to improve us or be a part of the future plans. Has Browne been afforded the same opportunity?

That old chestnut? Happy to let this one play out.
Remember we are talking a late 3rd round draft pick who’s been on our list 5 years for 11 games…
He’s had plenty of chances on the track and at a lower level to command a spot and hasn’t.
I’m not gonna compare him to Melksham or Ambrose and whinge about them being gifted games, reality is for whatever reason, he hasn’t.
Good luck to him the next 5 weeks!

I would go:
In: Hurley, Hocking, Dempsey, Edwards, Howlett
Out: Z.Merrett, Melksham, Steinberg, Ambrose, Browne

B: Bags Hurley Gwilt
HB: Hibberd Carlisle Gleeson
C: Stanton Hocking Cooney
HF: Dempsey Daniher Laverde
F: J.Merrett Hooker Edwards
Foll: Giles Goddard Heppell
Int: Howlett, O’Brien, Langford, Zaharakis
Emer: Melksham, Ambrose, Steinberg

Giles and Edwards would be keen to be at their best playing against teams that traded them.

I think Browne is still a chance to stay, certainly ahead of Kavanagh. Hard to say what our short term plan is with the rest of the year, and such a long uncontracted list.
I guess the trade and draft period ahead will determine a lot of decisions.