The Team: Essendon v Western Bulldogs

People in here are never happy

Smack pulled up sore and will be given a rest from VFL too

Thanks for that. Context is good. Will have to remember that.

I like it. Good team on paper.

People in here are never happy

Just in here?

Dunno why the hell he was listed as ‘omitted’ on the team sheet then. What happened to ‘soreness’?

Don’t think Howlett will get up considering what the Doc said in the injury update (something like we’ll see how he goes’). Melksham I think will be sub. Edwards, Browne from the extended bench will play full games. Uncertain who out of Gwilt, Gleeson, Ambrose, Steinberg for the final interchange.

It will be a shame if Howlett doesn’t get another game, but IMO, a few others are ahead of him ATM.

I’ll laugh if Giles is backup ruck to Ambrose…
But this brings on the notion that it was never Giles vs Ambrose, but Giles vs McKernan.

We drop Gwilt, Stein and Ambrose and that’s a damn good team.

Dunno why the hell he was listed as ‘omitted’ on the team sheet then. What happened to ‘soreness’?

Now they have confused me as Smack is named in the VFL team. Sore but not sore enough for VFL?

Interesting if Carlisle plays where he plays

Love the look of the forward line too. It’s raw às hell but they’re all natural forwards.

If our backline is disciplined and doesn’t get caught out over the top it will be a tough day for the Doggies forwards. The small forwardline philosophy can be punished.

Named in the ruck for ressies.

Interesting if Carlisle plays where he plays

he’ll play on saturday night just to throw a real spanner in the works and pump up his supposed trolling of everyone.

From the VFL team announced, it looks like only one of Ambrose, Steinberg, Browne or Edwards will get an AFL game.

From the VFL team announced, it looks like only one of Ambrose, Steinberg, Browne or Edwards will get an AFL game.

Shirley Browne has to play after last week.

It would be disappointing to leave young Edwards out, he provides the team with a fair bit of polish and pace, something that would be handy against the dogs.

VFL team is a guess (the usual Sunday bench of 13 is a clue…)

Maybe Edwards is still sore from that knock he apparently got vs North