The Team: Essendon v Western Bulldogs

Smack pulled up sore and will be given a rest from VFL too

Dunno why the hell he was listed as ‘omitted’ on the team sheet then. What happened to ‘soreness’?

Whoa whoa whoa, we’re not about to start giving him ‘respect’.

Ambrose, Howlett and Steinberg/Gwilt will be the Friday outs. Cutting three guys with run in Edwards, Gleeson and Browne makes no sense.

Ambro don’t get dropped, bro.

Smack pulled up sore and will be given a rest from VFL too

Dunno why the hell he was listed as ‘omitted’ on the team sheet then. What happened to ‘soreness’?

Whoa whoa whoa, we’re not about to start giving him ‘respect’.

He’s not one of the ‘fine individuals’ that we never drop.

will be interesting to see if Giles plays well and proves Hird wrong or if Giles sucks and proves Hird wrecked his development by taking too long to promote him.

It would be disappointing to leave young Edwards out, he provides the team with a fair bit of polish and pace, something that would be handy against the dogs.

If he’s dropped, I’m out…

…till next week, season, etc.

I might be, seriously.

Looking at the VFL team it has Browne and Edwards on the field along with Smack
I reckon Hird’s priorities are with the seconds lol

People expecting Giles will be disappointed.

It’ll be Carlisle.

Melksham surely must have an overblown sense of entitlement. No form to speak of, and misses 3 weeks injured, then walks straight back into the team.

The two words that I want to hear for the remainder of the season…“honourable loss”. I want draft picks, early draft picks!

Melksham surely must have an overblown sense of entitlement. No form to speak of, and misses 3 weeks injured, then walks straight back into the team.

I really like him, but have to agree with this. They obviously think that he’s got another notch. Am I wrong in a Ziebell comparison?

Browne and Edwards must stay. Howlett, Ambrose and Gwilt to go out

I really like him, but have to agree with this. They obviously think that he’s got another notch. Am I wrong in a Ziebell comparison?

Hmmm… Ziebell is a contested ball machine who is almost unbeatable one on one, particularly overhead.

Milkshake is a skinny guy who can box and occasionally does awesome kicks into the forward line which make you think he could be brilliant, but more often than not bites off more than he can chew.

They are a little different, but if you think you could broker a trade for ziebel with north based on your logic then I’m all for the comparison.

Expect the bench to be gleeson,edwards, Browne and Gwilt. Gleeson to be sub.

From the VFL team announced, it looks like only one of Ambrose, Steinberg, Browne or Edwards will get an AFL game.

Ha! You say it like theres a chance it wont be ambrose

Who the ■■■■ is Giles??

We drop Gwilt, Stein and Ambrose and that's a damn good team.

That’s a bit harsh on Quilt. He’s been a mainstay of the backline since Fletch got injured. Racks up the possies too, although can be erratic, but still solid enough I reckon.

I reckon we will win.

Melsham surely doesn’t deserve a game, although they might be trying to show off his skills for a trade opp.

At this stage of the season it’s all about seeing who’s who. Look, Carlisle’s back in the backline so he’ll sign-up for next year. The back six are settled again and we’re seeing the young blokes continue and giving the oldies a last game or two (Cooney). Ambrose should go back to the 2’s and give Edwards another run. He’s the future.

The team’s gonna morph all over the place in the next few weeks so get used to it.

Suspect Gwilt, Steinberg and Gleeson will be outs! Will watch closely at training in the morning.

Wtf?

“We will play the kids”

“Only while the older players are injured but, lol”

Thanks Hird.