The Team: Essendon vs Sydney

how does Jerrett stay in the team? has had no impact for weeks

Great to see TBell back in though.

Maybe, just maybe the coaches value what he brings to the table.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAV

how does Jerrett stay in the team? has had no impact for weeks

Great to see TBell back in though.

Maybe, just maybe the coaches value what he brings to the table.

I thinks its as much to do with creating space through run as it is getting the ball.
Seems to work the wings to instruction going by his spot in the team.
We do need his run.

Bellchambers better be fit and able to run out a full game.

he just has to be fit enough to stand in the goalsquare and run for five minutes in the first three quarters.
It's a good move. Draws a genuine tall off carlisle.

he just has to be fit enough to stand in the goalsquare and run for five minutes in the first three quarters.

Nah, he needs to more than that.
I'm not saying it's a bad move, it's far better than Buckets or Hooker having to pinch hit in the ruck, and he will draw a tall opponent.
But he needs to contribute more than be a Buckets decoy. I actually hope he rucks a fair bit, because Ryder is dangerous up forward this year.

So Jackson Merrett gets a game cause he is good at running as far away from the ball as possible which creates space? He is a peaheart

Cant wait to see this match.

Late change fo sho.

Jerrett - Whipping boy for the emotionally fragile.

Late change fo sho.

I have a feeling it'll be Zaka which would suck Claka.

I just think its a mistake that they are bringing Belly straight in without finding some touch in the Ressies. He was struggling weeks ago. I can’t imagine that he will find his touch straight from the bounce.

Obviously the coaches are trying to push Sydney for height down back and force Reid to play in defence.

Man I hope Jerrett smashes it this week, just to silence a few. Where’s Melk btw?

Jackson surely sub

Late change fo sho.

I have a feeling it'll be Zaka which would suck Claka.

KAV is finally the new Zaka?

Nah, he needs to more than that.
I'm not saying it's a bad move, it's far better than Buckets or Hooker having to pinch hit in the ruck, and he will draw a tall opponent.
But he needs to contribute more than be a Buckets decoy. I actually hope he rucks a fair bit, because Ryder is dangerous up forward this year.

Absolutely agree with the last sentence.
If Belly could ruck 15 minutes per qtr, I think Grundy and Richards would have all sorts of trouble with Carlisle and Ryder.
Not to mention Nick Smith being out of his depth against Chappy (and Dell at times).
Can we prevent Malceski, Shaw, and McVeigh from picking up easy possessions off half back ?
Hope so !

Ok, this is interesting. Why elevate Steinberg unless it’s just to pay him more coin for being a good bloke?

Not that I care, just not sure how it works.

Also, not sure what impact Belly will have but if he can bash up their ruck and take a few marks inside 50 (or just bash up some defenders) and allow Ryder and Carlisle to do their thing, that’s fine with me.

Melksham missing again is interesting, I wonder how he’s handling it.

I’ve questioned J Merrets inclusion previously but his continued selection convinces me he must be doing the right things off the ball, around the stoppages and inside 50. The question is how many blokes can we afford to have playing purely defensive games? If Ambrose, Hocking, Jerret and Howlett get 30 possessions between them, is that sustainable? I suppose it is if we win… Could be the reason behind our low scoring games :slight_smile:

no melky still? daym.

For those in the know, is Bellchambers ready?

Am sorry but ..... Jackson Merrett?
FFS.
Have made my thoughts known on this guy for weeks now so won't do it again apart from to say he must be the luckiest guy in the comp to be playing regular Best 22 footy.

The new Melksham. He's got 80 games to find some form.

Jerret was good against the pies, was down last round like most of the team. Some of you are obsessed me thinks…