The Team: The Fridge is back - ESSENDON v FREMANTLE @ MRVL , 7:25pm AEST Saturday, May 18, 2019

The Go Team?

Excellent.

Dons by 5 goals.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve tipped Freo. Iā€™m 4-4 with our games this year (last week was the first time Iā€™ve tipped us). So this time @Klawdy canā€™t blame me if we lose like last week.

1 Like

2-6; farking had enough and Iā€™ve gone for dockers as well, so you can all thank me for the win tonight.

1 Like

Nothing surer than it being a tight contest for 3qts, then us kicking an extra 2 late and getting up. Giving us false hope for next week, where we ultimately get trounced

Or, nothing surer than it being a tight contest for 3qts, then they kick an extra 2 late and getting up. Giving us no hope for next week, where we ultimately trounce the toigers.

1 Like

Ambrose and Hurley got bent over dry by Sydneyā€™s young tall forwards. It was disgusting to watch. That has been my fear all yearā€¦they are both shortish and donā€™t have a good leap. So when our midfield is being outplayed, their weakness stands out.

At least Francis can leap and contest the high balls coming in. Move him there but if you move Hooker out of the defense, overall we will be crap. Tabernar is going to have fun.

BZT needs to start getting games. I keep drumming on about it but the coaches are so blind to it.

We are going to struggle for forward pressure and to keep the ball in our forward line. Walla being down in form again and no Fanta. ā€¦then we included chuncky players Bags and Begs. I remember we struggled last year against a weak Freo and Fanta played a great game to rescue us.

Hope I am wrong. This is going to be a struggle. There will be a lot of moaning and groaning tonight.

1 Like

North Melbourne vs Sydney is free to Air tonight :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Good luck with that Channel 7

9 Likes

4/10

8.7/10

3/10

7/10

6.5/10

Mixed feelings about this post.

2 Likes

He is right about the last one, there will be alot of groaning and moaning. If we win, we will fall over the line despite constantly kicking it to the opposition.

We struggled last year for a while against them (poor kicking for goal mainly) and Freo were much worse then

Pretty sure Iā€™ll be looking to blame someone if we lose.

Saying that I feel pretty good about tonight.

2 Likes

Well, ā€˜6.5ā€™ is a pass mark :slight_smile:

In hindsight - the moaning bit is 10/10

11 goals will win it tonight for either side. Venue/roof/conditions irrelevant.

Will be an absolute shitfest to watch. Ross Lyon will be blamed but it will be our abysmal style of play and lack of football IQ that will equally contribute.

1 Like

I hate that I just donā€™t trust the players to bring a consistent effort each week.

4 Likes

Game not on FTA.

FFS

Effort isnā€™t the problem. Skill is.
The only week when effort was a problem was round 1

1 Like

Itā€™ll be a boring shitshow

Put your house on it. Ross will block the corridor and deny us run

2 Likes

The thing that has been letting us down the most is kicks/marks inside 50. If we can sort that out against freo we should smash em. We need to get some confidence back tonight to relaunch our season. We lose tonight we are ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .
Bombers by 46.

1 Like

Lol, they went with Sydney V North. Thatā€™ll be a blockbuster.

1 Like

Freo flood back then flood forward. Lyons game style hasnā€™t changed in over 10 years since his time at Sydney. It is exhaustive for the players. The way to beat it is man up there spare at the back and play long and direct. More long kicks than handballs. There downhill skiers will get sick of running back and you can get on top of them. Playing slow or over possessing plays in to their hands.

Brown, Smack, Stewart, Fanta, Smith injured
Joey, TBell, Begs, Bags, Laverde sore or just returning

Thatā€™s a big hit to our scoring power.
Iā€™m not confident.
Mids are going to have to work hard.

2 Likes