The team to not lose to 18th place Suns - round 19, 2019

In: Myers
Out: Langford, Parish, Clarke

3 Likes

Nice burner account JOHN WORSFOLD

1 Like

Changes this week would be structural, not simply dropping players based on form.

With Zlarke a certainty to return, Hartley is potentially one tall too many. As for Heppell, who else do you bring in other than Myers? This suggests that our depth is not as good as some believe.

2 Likes

People burning Myers to get a cheap like. Yawn. Do u even protec?

12 Likes

Why not? As a mid, it’s really only out of him and Mynott.
Everyone else is either in the seniors or injured.

More restual/managedural I’d say.

3 Likes

Myers would do a good job against the Suns, I have no doubt.

But it is a wasted opportunity to play someone who will be with us going forward. And we can hardly be accused of not giving him a go.

2 Likes

the bigger worry is that at this time of the year myers is fitter than most players.

if he gets picked so be it, but the teams ability to stick to what they supposedly want to has come once the coaches stopped players status quo with selections and took chances on “unproven” players, so why stop that now ?
other than being scared this is the game it doesn’t work.

Mynott, ridley and ham have all been playing midfield minutes with flexibility in their roles. Flexibility Myers doesn’t have

4 Likes

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?c=1-118-0-518179-0&pool=1&fixture=125262245&a=SELECT

Myers was voted into the leadership group by the players. Don’t underestimate the respect the young guys have for him. We can’t field a team of all youngsters. (Look at the teams this year who have!) We need to win this one.

9 Likes

What would happen if Hurley was fit?

May try him in a different role.

I agree it’s a good chance to suck it & see, … with a new kid, or in that way with Dave.

If we can find a spot for him to be in, and be MORE effective than before, … then you do it, … because you know you’d prefer to have his size and experience in the team when finals come around if you can.

1 Like

Quite surprised Ridley isn’t in to replace McKenna. Would’ve thought that was the easy backline replacement.

They may be moving McGrath back?? We shall see I guess.

Players missing from our best 22

Heppell
Hurley
McKenna
Fantasia
Daniher
Smith
Bellchambers / Draper

I’m putting $50 on the Suns at $6+

1 Like

Good luck with that. :+1:

4 Likes

How do some clubs regularly play this Sunday twilight timeslot? URGH.

We have one this year and it’s going to be a bl*ody nightmare waiting for.

Just win this and get home. It is going to be far from pretty… but some tough football please and no complacency please. Plus no injuries.

This team is playing way too well at the moment to drop this game and conversely the Suns have been so putrid that they couldn’t possibly turn it around so dramatically. But I dunno!

This club has mind ***** us so much in recent years.

1 Like

Guelfi came back in for Hepp for the Sydney game, we went unchanged into the North game.

I’m not sure why this is a big deal TBH.

We’re reaching pretty low into the barrel with the list of injuries we’ve got - he’s seemingly now behind DLarke, Snelling, Langford and Begley. The only other fit, vaguely similar player who’s not in the 26 is Mynott.
Some of you (not necessarily you personally) need to get over it.

2 Likes

I’m driving down the coast for this one. To be honest I don’t care who they’ve picked- if they’re wearing red & black that’ll do me.

19 Likes

He’ll have 25 disposals, 7 tackles and 2 goals and everybody will say it doesn’t count because the suns are on the bottom of the ladder. I’m looking forward to watching him play again.

12 Likes