The team to Wet the Toast - 2020 round 15

Imagine if we play Hooker as a permanent forward and give Stewart a go as the swing man during the game.

4 Likes

He can sing? Multi talented.

Edit: Doh you fixed it. now I look stupid!

4 Likes

Good ins for the Weagles as well

1 Like

What excites me the most is that weā€™re actually putting games into a quality young ruckman instead of playing duds like TBC and Mckernan

8 Likes

Pretty happy with the side, if we had a full strength side with players in form, would only be looking for Raz, Francis, Redman and McKenna for Snelling, Gleeson, Guelfi and Clarke.

But Iā€™m not complaining.

You mean the same Redman they just dropped?

6 Likes

WERE GUNNA

I did qualify it as players in form, Redmanā€™s form last year was best 22.

2 Likes

A year ago we could only dream of having to omit an in-form ruckman for team ā€œbalanceā€.

4 Likes

Seems batsh*t insane to play Daniher but whatever.

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t it just, I mean WTAF?!

2 Likes

Yep Woosh said that previously

They also only had him play 80% game time and ball was hardly in our fwd line for first half

Did bugger all in our main training session this week based on reports so should be good to go

May not play vs Cats however

2 Likes

Great to see my boy Hooker make it to 200 games. I was first on his train way back when and will be the last off it. Even asked for his number on the jumper from the club. Impressive effort by the big fella, one of only a handful of all the blokes that have played for the club to make it to 200 games. We seriously need to celebrate with a win over the West Cokes.

35 Likes

Kennedy out leaves a big hole in the forward line.

1 Like

I hope Hepp can impact the game. Last time he came back he was underdone.

2 Likes

Why the need to be so conservative with Daniher?

Stewart came back from the same surgery and has played 6 games in a row (7th coming up) off short turnarounds.

28 Likes

Because Joe is crucial to future success and has more severe OP than Stewart. i like James but hes not anywhere close to the level of Joe.

Youā€™re implying weā€™re taking a big risk with Stewart.

Maybe thereā€™s simply no risk anymore based on how Joe has recovered.

1 Like

They do apparently train them at greater loads than in games so if been recovering fine in that lead up block then likely no issue.

We did the same thing last year by playing him in 3 games with a short turnaround. if we are fairdinkum with his recovery, we need to be cautious