The team to Wet the Toast - 2020 round 15

I understand the nerves regarding joe, but this would have been most likely his call , he should know what his body is capable of not outsiders.

They can, but a few others canā€™t even count to 5

l see things the other way. Stewart would have been monitored closely week by week. Since there have been no problems with his recovery, they gave JD the green light to back up for tomorrow night.

Good ins?

Didnā€™t really hear the changes. I was somewhat distracted by Tom Brownā€™s lack of preparation.

18 Likes

Close to our best side and itā€™s almost the end of the season and our finals hopes are all but gone.

1 Like

Thatā€™s been said a few times. We didnā€™t do that last year.

He played North, 6 day break, Collingwood, 9 day break, Geelong, didnā€™t play against Sydney and played Freo 11 days later.

1 Like

nic nat v draper will be interesting

2 Likes

Itā€™s really great to see Dyson back. Weā€™ve missed him. He always has time. Heā€™s been looking pretty good at training for a while now.

Redmanā€™s a bit stiff. He hasnā€™t been great but he doesnā€™t drop his head. Ham really hasnā€™t done much since getting into the team. Phillips is unlucky too; he did pretty well against Hawthorn.

As a group they change the balance of the team. Draper for Phillips is like for like, but Hurley is a KPP and Heppell is a tall midfielder, and they replace a small mid Ham and a small defender Redman. I guess it means we wonā€™t see Gleeson playing against a much taller and heavier opponent again.

3 Likes

Who is Westcokes other ruck ?

1 Like

Kennedy, Cripps and Waterman not playing (who played in the final) - they kicked 10 goals 6 behinds between them.

1 Like

Yeah. We did that in 2018.

But thereā€™s 0 evidence that it made anything worse.

He was completely cooked before that. Remember the round 3 game against the dogs with the handball to Green? He could barely run that game.

He is all class :rofl: @tom_browne

1 Like

Iā€™m sure its Danihers decision whether to play or not.

Conner is out because he demanded to be coach as well as CHF.

3 Likes

Iā€™m hoping that all of the strengthening work that Joe has done means that he is now less likely than anyone else to have groin injuries.

Thats more reason to rest him thenā€¦

To make finals we have to plan to win 3 games out of 4, the Cats game is the one to rest players for.

The Cats will be coming off a 9 day break and five straight wins, and we will be playing our 7th match in 30 days.

I can see some logic in playing Joe against the Eagles as opposed to the Cats, but if he does get hurt, it wonā€™t be pretty for the club.

I would be tempted to forget about finals and just try and get the team right as possible for next year, but if we can get something resembling our best side out there, fit and in form, I suppose we have to have a crack.

1 Like

im guessing oscar allen

Iā€™m happy Joe is in. I can only think he pulled up ok and we have 4 must win games to make the finals.
No doubt that if he had any soreness or niggles he would rest, especially after 17 months of cotton wool.
Unleash the beast. Lets hope we are on an unstopable roll ( of two quarters )

5 Likes

I think weā€™ll most likely rest him against the cats.

But by all accounts, we have been every cautious with him and his return. Heā€™s had the surgery, heā€™s been flown O/S to get the best advice and assistance, we gave him additional training time.

If Joey says heā€™s fine (itā€™s his career on the line) and he meets all the milestones, why wouldnā€™t we play him?

3 Likes

Thank god for covid. Without it we would have played the whole season and Hep and Joey would never have been seen.

5 Likes