The Team v Lions

And some just want to leave it to the coaches & not think we know better than they do.

Anyone who does, is fkng deluded & should seek professional help post haste.

Keyboard punters don’t have a ■■■■■■ clue what goes into coaching, & therefore, aren’t coaches & really should just STFU.

Meh you’re not a coach or a player so you’re nothing but a keyboard punter whos opinion isn’t worth ■■■■ cos you know, thats the logic you want to roll with.

So why even be on an internet forum to give your opinion ? if by your own logic and default it’s not worth squat cos you aren’t a coach or a player ?

follow the team and get argue with tools.

Jesus Christ wait a minute, are you arguing that your opinion does mean something and it is valuable to debate it on this site?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Your implying people shouldn’t argue football unless they do think they know better than coaches. Why be on a forum unless you really think your opinion is worth something??

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.

To be fair, DKP also thinks that if all of us keyboard punters stopped accepting mediocrity, then suddenly the club would start performing better.

I’m just annoyed that clearly there are some on here who still haven’t listened.

You maybe correct GB but he is still the best option we have behind JD, and there is no way Hurls changes, he is a better backman.

I was in the Carlisle forward camp this whole time ( after all he was drafted as a forward) but can now see he is a better backman.

For what it’s worth, I would play Hurls, Hooks and JC in the backline.
JD, Mckernan and pinch hit Fletch in the forward line

Fail to see the logic of thinking a near 400 game champion backman will somehow be a good thing up forward for his last season (or two).

What sort of message does dropping McKernan give? Come into the team, show some determination and get dropped. Are we running an old boys network?

Only if Fletch, Watson, Chapman and Cooney are selected.

I am starting to have my doubts on Chapman. Can he play a full game? Is he going to kick more than 2 goals in a game? Bellchambers clearly played better with McKernan in. Perhaps it really comes down to Fletcher’s role in the team.

We have to start looking at the team differently because it is not working at the moment.

yeah chapman wasn’t much chop the past few weeks and Bellchambers only plays good when healthy and is Fletcher’s role about stopping his man and helping the other defenders and being a general and a key part of our rebounding attack? Yes that is his roles.

but none of this works when Chappy injured or Fletch is playing 400th in melbourne and Bellchambers is injured.

Time for a rethink obviously.

Also what does Jobe offer except elite ball winning decision making mismatches in the forward line and the best leadership in the league? hmm? what?

How very droll of you. You are in flying form of late. As caustic, abrasive and arrogant as ever.

We need to bring Boot back for one day only as a mod.

be careful what you wish for. you weren’t very popular around here when you first came about, so you of all people shouldn’t be advocating mods banning people cos they aren’t part of the in crowd, or don’t follow the other sheep around here, cos if the mob had had their way with you, you’d have been banned ages ago (granted i would to and a few others, but still). like i said, be careful what you wish for.

That’s offensive and absolute bullshit. No one was ever whacked by me without reason, and the so called ‘in crowd’ were in no way immune. Everyone was treated the same. Not that suits your narrative. And to be fair, facts, or logic, have never been your strong points.

Fool

i just gotta know, am i in the “in crowd”?

#standbyboot.

Those mods that were on duty in the early days of the saga need life membership to blitz. Never forget that first post from williedick that started it all…

It was quite torrid.

i just gotta know, am i in the "in crowd"?

Has boot ever whacked you?

oh wait… never mind

I don’t care who’s in the team. I just want ‘the team’ to win.

#GOBOMBERS

#standbyboot.

Those mods that were on duty in the early days of the saga need life membership to blitz. Never forget that first post from williedick that started it all…

It was quite torrid.

Boot will always be one of Blitz’s greats. Went above and beyond. Repeatedly.

be careful what you wish for. you weren’t very popular around here when you first came about, so you of all people shouldn’t be advocating mods banning people cos they aren’t part of the in crowd, or don’t follow the other sheep around here, cos if the mob had had their way with you, you’d have been banned ages ago (granted i would to and a few others, but still). like i said, be careful what you wish for.

We have both been on here a long time, you feel there is an in crowd, l have never once felt that. The mods job is a thankless one, they do a good job. People are not sheep, simply because they refuse to swallow your message. There has always been a diverse range of opinion on here, for which l am grateful.

I don't care who's in the team. I just want 'the team' to win.

#GOBOMBERS

#GOTEAM

#GOBOMBERS

The coaches and selection committee are in the best place to make decisions, but that doesn’t mean they are automatically always right or that individuals outside the system can’t have an opinion on the matter. Does an opinion outside the coaches group matter? No, but we are here, on a forum, to have opinions and discussions solely outside that system. No opinion is more or less valid than another though it may be more or less correct than it.

Blind faith for those in authority isn’t the only solution. Nor is it the only way to show support for a team and club we all love.

I don’t think there has been any hate for Carlisle, far from it, there has only been discussion about his best position, current form and the best way to maximize his potential. The same discussions have been had about Ambrose, Chappy and probably every other player at different times in their careers.

Equally correct is that nothing said on this forum will affect the thinking of the coaching panel and because of that, ultimately, we are all hoping and wishing that the right decisions have been made and that EFC is successful.

Lots of complaining about selection. Need to consider the team we are playing, one that has very few talls. If fit Carlisle plays, so stop whining. Can we go in with an extra tall? Against Brisbane, probably not, but there may be other teams where it is feasible.
Brisbanes smalls are their strength and if they get loose, could cut us up, so flexibility with runners is not important this week.
Maybe we shouldn’t rubbish the selection panel without at least having a decent think about how each game will be played.

The coaches and selection committee are in the best place to make decisions, but that doesn't mean they are automatically always right or that individuals outside the system can't have an opinion on the matter. Does an opinion outside the coaches group matter? No, but we are here, on a forum, to have opinions and discussions solely outside that system. No opinion is more or less valid than another though it may be more or less correct than it.

Blind faith for those in authority isn’t the only solution. Nor is it the only way to show support for a team and club we all love.

I don’t think there has been any hate for Carlisle, far from it, there has only been discussion about his best position, current form and the best way to maximize his potential. The same discussions have been had about Ambrose, Chappy and probably every other player at different times in their careers.

Equally correct is that nothing said on this forum will affect the thinking of the coaching panel and because of that, ultimately, we are all hoping and wishing that the right decisions have been made and that EFC is successful.

I don’t believe anyone here has a problem with an alternate opinion, or rational discussion about anything. The problem is with constant mindless diatribe, trotting out the same old farkin cut/paste tripe about exactly the same old things over and farkin over and farkin over. Rational people making rational arguments understand when they have made their point, and don’t keep on saying the same thing ad nauseum. Unless, of course, there is an ulterior motive.

The coaches and selection committee are in the best place to make decisions, but that doesn't mean they are automatically always right or that individuals outside the system can't have an opinion on the matter. Does an opinion outside the coaches group matter? No, but we are here, on a forum, to have opinions and discussions solely outside that system. No opinion is more or less valid than another though it may be more or less correct than it.

I don’t believe anyone here has a problem with an alternate opinion, or rational discussion about anything. The problem is with constant mindless diatribe, trotting out the same old farkin cut/paste tripe about exactly the same old things over and farkin over and farkin over. Rational people making rational arguments understand when they have made their point, and don’t keep on saying the same thing ad nauseum. Unless, of course, there is an ulterior motive.

Spot on!

That’s offensive and absolute bullshit. No one was ever whacked by me without reason, and the so called ‘in crowd’ were in no way immune. Everyone was treated the same. Not that suits your narrative. And to be fair, facts, or logic, have never been your strong points.

Fool

‘Rumour, Innuendo and Mistruths’

Fool

i never said you banned people for that reason, altho on reflection it could have been taken that way, so i’ll apologise for that.

What i meant was that poster should not want people banned because they are unpopular or don’t say the same as what NIckyd thinks, cos if the mob had their way he’d have been banned himself, like i said like i would have, and a few others.

If anything bar a few instances the mods are pretty good. the issue i had was with someone wanting a mod re instated to punish posters cos they annoy a specific person. Hell it doesn’t even involve me, i thought nickys main jibe was at that JD06 guy.

I was actually intent on making the point that the mods will do their job, hell as proven with me I’m sure i could have been banned multiple times by now, i had 2 mods who don’t like me, you being one (that’s nothing more than an observation, you don’t like me cos of what i say or think).
So wanting a mod to ban people simply cos they are unpopular or their views are is not a smart view to have (nickyd’s).
like i said when so many wanted him banned when he first came on the scene, which they did cos at the time alot of people found him annoying.

but above anything else it was an off the cuff remark, to an off the cuff remark, somewhere along the lines it got way more serious than intended.

Worst team thread ever.

I got banned a few times, but I’m a black sheep