The team versus the Saints - 2020 round 12

something to do about nothing?

5 Likes

Because he’s ahead of all the other fringe players, including Mo22ie who is yet to be an emergency therefore well down the list

This team is next gen Bombers. It bears almost no resemblance to what we envisaged as our best 22 for 2020. Lets hope youthful energy, guts and pressure prevails today because we are quite a bit down on skill and experience. .

8 Likes

I reckon we’ll win today. Walla to cash in.

Gleeson
Cutler
Stewart
Mckernan
Begley
Mutch
Guelfi
Townsend
Snelling
Clarke

that’s half our team. we are going to get belted today

Interesting to note from the team selection vid it’s said Mutch apparently been playing half back in scratch matches.

It did seem inevitable but maybe McKenna doesn’t actually go back then. I think would still rather that happen so Saad can lock down on Butler and we still can use Conor’s run out of defence. But McKenna has also been doing some good things fwd and we also need him up there with no Raz and TIPPA getting defensive shut down roles done on him at times.

From GWS scratch match review

2 Likes

See. They flipped Dodoro’s script: now it’s

Essendon , “turning midfielders into flankers since 2020”

Now we have so many half back flankers we are running out of mids to “manage”

1 Like

How long since both Mutch and Begley have played?

Leave Stewart alone you big bully

3 Likes

Am going today. Not expecting to win (but hoping of course!) Just looking forward to seeing Draper along with the young guys. Pretty sure they’ll give it a good crack. Hope Walla & Conor can bring some magic too.
Go Bombers!

10 Likes

I was feeling good until I read that post.

Thanks.

2 Likes

He’s playing the Zaka role

Absolutely.
All I want from this game is to see sustained ball movement system and intense pressure.

2 Likes

For a few years (more than)

Mutch to play Redman role
Begley to play Zaka role
Townsend fwd to replace Langford
Langford to midfield to replace smith
Hurley in for Francis
Draper for Tbell

5 Likes

Who will play the role of get the ball and kick it neatly to one of our forwards?

1 Like

don’t think that role exists

3 Likes

Yeah pretty much as I see it. Although they may actually play Langford on wing and let Clarke take more inside time of Smith. Which each is more suited to.

Get Langers in space more for delivering footy

3 Likes

Haha get out of here you joker you.

3 Likes