The Team VS Cats - Changes, changes everywhere

Agreed, I really hope Laverde spends a lot of time up the ground.

Fair point. But we’re rock bottom and this is a step in the right direction. I’m happy with baby steps for now.

2 Likes

I want to win this but if not, just want a spirited game. Want the kids’ enthusiasm to be contagious with the whole playing group.

Okay. Five changes is a good start.

I still want to see Hartley and Long back in the team. Hartley is a classic full back, and the only one we have (although Ridley may prove me wrong there). Long has come on by leaps and bounds in the Magoos. He did some wonderful things in his last Magoos match. Time to try him out in the big time again.

I hope Green gets fit again quickly. We miss him in the FP. Walla needs a rest, too: he’s lost a yard of pace.

The Greek God needs a boot up the bum: he’s still spending too much time outside crying “Kick it to me!”, he still doesn’t chase hard enough, and doesn’t get his own ball often enough. I’m probably asking for too much from him, but I get frustrated seeing him failing to utilise all his natural skills to better advantage.

From what I’ve seen of Ben McNiece, he is a good footballer, but vanilla flavoured. i hope he gets back in soon and proves me wrong. Same goes for Darcy Parish.

I reckon Kobe Mutch will be out for two weeks — he’s a bit sore. Better to have him resting for a fortnight than breaking down and being out of action for two months. Ask David Myers.

David Myers with injuries year after year has never lived up to the huge reputation he was cursed with when we first got him. These days, no description fits him as well as Jack Dyer’s “good honest footballer” — every club needs a few of them since not everyone can be a star. He’s also a great clubman, and a top bloke by all accounts, intelligent and honest. I hope he’s around the Club for a few years yet, but is only played in the Ones when needed in future. A bloke of his character and experience is always needed in a mentoring role in the Magoos !

It’s great to see Matt Dea back. I’ve big raps on him in the back pocket, but this time he’s named on the interchange. Interesting.

Guelfi back ? Wonderful !

At last Dylan Clarke is getting a chance in the Ones. High time ! But why’s he named on the HFF ? He’s a mean extracting machine, ffs.

And Langford. I hope his time in the Magoos has woken him up. He’s a fine footballer, if he just pulls his finger out and gets down to WORK ! I wish him well.

Pity it’s been so long coming, but five changes is a good start.

5 Likes

Not necessarily. Have you considered the possibility that the selection panel puts the players in their original names positions, and the head coach changes them the way he wants them on match day ?

Even the most ardent anti Wooshers wouldn’t believe that the below is where the selection panel (which includes Woosh I might add) would all be lining up.

That’s 6 new players in this side who didn’t play for us last year. The 3 SSS. Plus Clarke, Ridley and Guelfi. And if Mutch had stayed in it’ll be 7. Not bad. We need to turn things over now to see what works. Hopefully one or two of this year’s debutants can nail it for a permanent spot.

4 Likes

So…we don’t need to sack the Baord now?

1 Like

“If” we lose on the weekend I would expect to see the most upbeat post match thread in a long time based on tonight’s team selection

3 Likes

Great to see the young guys in. Stringer very lucky IMO

1 Like

Looking forward to watching the debutantes, as well as Langford and the hot one.

Pleased Smack gets another go and seeing as Lav remains in the team, hope he can show something that helps me change my negative attitude to at least a bit of positivity for him.

2 Likes

First time in about 6 weeks we’ve been happy with the changes.

Really hope Langford and Lav get a proper run at it. Give them 6-8 straight, see what they have. If they’ve shown nothing by the end of the year trade them.

6 Likes

We’re going to lose anyway and we won’t make finals. Better off using this time to prepare for next season.

1 Like

I reckon we might sneak this one in. Just a gut feel.

4 Likes

HIRE THIS MAN

3 Likes

Some do, occasionally.

1 Like

Most people on this board would be happy with the named team. A couple of players are being given a chance after showing form in the two’s. Given the position we are in that’s the way it needs to be.

Finally, a return to sensible changes.

Damn that Neeld…

Obviously not close to the ‘best 22’ we had in mind at the start of the season but very happy that some changes have been made.

I think Walla and Goddard would want to have better games and Stringer needs to be doing more… hopefully this is the week they turn it around.

I really hope this is the final Myers ‘injury’ and we never see him again.

Selection will mean little if there hasn’t been a similar adjustment to tactics and style of play. I will be watching and, as always, hoping we turn the corner to a brighter future.

Definitely feeling more upbeat after these changes. Looking forward to greater team effort this weekend! Go Bombers! Give the fans something!

3 Likes