The Team VS Cats - Changes, changes everywhere

We have been screaming for it, and he had obviously done all the hard yards to prep himself for the call up to AFL.
Also he was an Essendon supporter growing up wasn’t he? I’m starting to get excited about the game.

which dumbfuck approved lav playing against geelong?

21 Likes

Maybe they plan to FINISH HIM off for good

5 Likes

Maybe, maybe not. I know I wouldn’t post something that I wouldn’t say to their face.
All through my life I’ve told people if they are doing a ■■■■ job or are useless whether it be in my cricket or football coaching or daily at work. I’d also expect to cop it back if I’m doing something poorly. Maybe I’ve just got thick skin but I’ve never been offended by anything and I’ve copped some fearsome sprays especially in my playing days

2 Likes

Nice… shouldn’t have taken armageddon to get those guys in, but anyway…

6 Likes

I just want to see Ridley get the ball,pass it to McKenna who bolts away and passes to a lead up Laverde on the wing.

He handpasses to Guelfi running past as Langford puts on a strong block.

Guelfi kicks inside 50 where the ball spills down onto a throng of players.

Prying the ball from a couple Cats is Clarke,who handpasses to Langford who has run on and kicks truly from 35m.

Thats the dream,just a couple of classy chains of play with the future.

Cmon Dons.

3 Likes

Cannot believe the comment on Parish. The guys a solid midfielder who is very craft around stoppages where we are getting smashed yet they are playing him in the flanks and wondering why he doesn’t find the footy. I’m putting this one down to mismanagement again.

He’s a midfielder play him in the midfield.

13 Likes

" I think you’re no good as a footballer and you play for my club" thats how I support

Yeah the way Woosha worded his comments on Parish is bizarre. I guess it implies he’s still not fit enough?

But yes, get him out of the forward line

HOW IS LAVERDE STILL GETTING GAMES

Langford and Laverde are the two easiest men to run players off and destroy us over and over and over on the rebound, we basically have removed 1 Myers and have added 2.

Removing a player who has had a career of hype, and leaving in two of of the most overhyped slow plodders the league has ever seen.

This club is a joke.

■■■■ yeah! Good luck to the team hope they show some spirit. I really like Myers and think he gives it his all but changes needed to happen.

1 Like

I reckon that is exactly what’s happened. Even Xavier was talking about the kids when he did his interview after the whole Neeld thing.

1 Like

Myers got a really good go at it over so many years. Apart from his long kick, he doesn’t have many attribute we are crying out for.

Was hoping for 6 changes and Longy getting a game too.

1 Like

I’m happy enough with the changes. Probably a little disappointed Mutch is out but clearly they seem to have a policy of resting the young guys every 3-4 weeks, maybe overloading is something the fitness staff are concerned with. Still Clarke and Ridley debuting, Guelfi (3 games) and Langford (31) add some youth to the team. I hope the Carlton game was the tipping point for a new approach at selection. McGrath, Mutch, Parish, and hopefully Francis and Redman to come in in the not too distant future, with the young lads already in that’s a good nucleus of under 50 game players. This season is gone in terms of finals so let’s pump some games into these guys and see what we’ve got…

8 Likes

we need everyone as fresh as possible for finals.

2 Likes

Not sure if mentioned, but heppel named back flank and goddard wing (centre) is a major change for mine. lets hope starts that way

We’ve never lined up how team released in about 10yrs

Someone clearly thinks we out smarting opposition with the lineups. We aren’t

3 Likes

poonman coming up with the goods.

2 Likes

Great to see some of the youngsters but I can’t escape the feeling that it still feels a little unbalanced. 2 tall forwards, 2 medium forwards, 1 medium fwd/mid. If Lang plays a lot of time forward it will look wonky.

Bj better lay a tackle