The Team vs. Geelong

Hardy should be nowhere near the team, and Kav should be IN the team!!!
Not sure what Kav did wrong last week, but i sure as hell thought he was good.
Then again Bomber has been making really **** decisions all year, so this is just another to add to the pile. Only problem is that pile is getting pretty big, we might need to upgrade our facility.

Hardingham is the obvious replacement for bags, no?
And Kav! looked good last week sure, but I'm not sure he is so far ahead of Hardy (if he even is) for it to be a big deal anyway.
Hardy played some pretty good footy earlier in the year.
He also played some pretty poor footy also. Defensively he is pretty much equal to Bags, however he is a total liability when he has the ball, Bar Hibberd most of our defenders can have shakey patches, but it's more a theme with Hardy.
Dumbfounding team selections, Surely Kav deserves to be tried down back, cos surely this is Hardy's last year at the club, what's the point in bringing him in, I just don't get it, esp seeing the thompson lovers have been sprouting it's he's building for next year and beyond.
and then he drops Belly, but hasn't dropped Melk or even Demps in the past, for similar if not worse performances, to then have to play Carlisle forward and in the ruck, to which that has only worked once against carlton is astonishing.
Absolutely dumb decision making IMO, he really has turned into Shedy circa 2005 and beyond, must be the club, it makes the coaches coo coo

Wait... You'd play KAV down back? In a must win game? Even though he'll never ever be a backman, he should just play there because he looked serviceable last week, in the midfield?
Seriously, KAV wasn't that good last week. I agree, it's interesting he's been dropped, I wouldn't have thought it myself, but he'd be playing on potential rather than being anywhere near beat 22.
Hardy is an obvious bags replacement. That's the point of depth players.

Kav! a bit stiff, he really could benefit from some continuity. Not suggesting he should be in the team ahead of the "ins", but crikey, Melk better play up a lot closer to his best this week.

Wtf is going on with Belch? Is he dropped or injured? Not picked in the vfl team but is named as an emergency for the ones! A late inclusion maybe?

Hardy should be nowhere near the team, and Kav should be IN the team!!!
Not sure what Kav did wrong last week, but i sure as hell thought he was good.
Then again Bomber has been making really **** decisions all year, so this is just another to add to the pile. Only problem is that pile is getting pretty big, we might need to upgrade our facility.

Hardingham is the obvious replacement for bags, no?
And Kav! looked good last week sure, but I'm not sure he is so far ahead of Hardy (if he even is) for it to be a big deal anyway.
Hardy played some pretty good footy earlier in the year.
He also played some pretty poor footy also. Defensively he is pretty much equal to Bags, however he is a total liability when he has the ball, Bar Hibberd most of our defenders can have shakey patches, but it's more a theme with Hardy.
Dumbfounding team selections, Surely Kav deserves to be tried down back, cos surely this is Hardy's last year at the club, what's the point in bringing him in, I just don't get it, esp seeing the thompson lovers have been sprouting it's he's building for next year and beyond.
and then he drops Belly, but hasn't dropped Melk or even Demps in the past, for similar if not worse performances, to then have to play Carlisle forward and in the ruck, to which that has only worked once against carlton is astonishing.
Absolutely dumb decision making IMO, he really has turned into Shedy circa 2005 and beyond, must be the club, it makes the coaches coo coo
Read this post before I read the poster. I had about 3 people in my head whom it could've been, and sure enough it was one if them. Selectors can never farking get it right, can they?
Btw, the ins look good, looking forward to the battle.

Geelong are the Yankees of the AFL.

I‘ve been to one Yankees game (it was the tenth last game played at “old” Yankee Stadium). My Blue Jays beat them 6-2.

Lid off.

We will win this game.

Hope so, got on us at $3.40 for the win
I think that is massive under's
Geelong will come out breathing fire after last week.
We will struggle to get within 6 goals of them if we play like we did last week.
Heard that about Geelong the week after they were rolled by 100 against Sydney and they came out and fell over the line against a garbage Carlscum side thanks to the umpires.
I dont see Geelong as that all conquering fearsome side of old, seen signs the last few weeks that they are almost shot

Of course. We've go their premiership coach (who should have been ours from the start, only Worzel wouldn't let go)  and they've got...   a Scott twin...

Umm...I thought Belly was servicable in the first half last week but ran out of puff. He mostly matched Jacobs in the ruck contests and let's be honest Jacobs would have absolutely murdered any of the supposed back ups.

Belly would have struggled to back up after the short break and maybe the matchups are OK this week but I'm yet to see any real alternative to Belly, even at 80% fitness. Hope we don't end up running Patty into the ground again.

The side looks a lot more balanced with one ruck.

Heard that about Geelong the week after they were rolled by 100 against Sydney and they came out and fell over the line against a garbage Carlscum side thanks to the umpires.I dont see Geelong as that all conquering fearsome side of old, seen signs the last few weeks that they are almost shot

I‘ve been to one Yankees game (it was the tenth last game played at “old” Yankee Stadium). My Blue Jays beat them 6-2.
Lid off.
That's funny, I've been to one Yankees game, it was at the old stadium in 2001, and the Blue Jays beat em! I think it was 9-2. I left during the 7th-inning stretch to go up the WTC, which didn't exist a month or so later.
Anyways, team thread, carry on.

I think belly will be back against port. Interesting who misses for him.

Fletch, Carlisle, Hurley and Belly haven’t all played together this year have they? Maybe the Sydney game, but Jake was sub anyway.

Nice little rotation of the big guys in recent weeks.

How many goals has Paddy actually kicked.
Ryder/JD vs Simpson/Blicavs is in our favour IMO
Kav was the worst performed mid, just doesn't get enough of it. Obvious out. Merrett clearly ahead of him in pecking order.
I like all the changes (although wish bags wasn't missing).

Why would JD go in the ruck? Carlisle's in, and he was #1 ruck (with Paddy & Bell out) earlier in the year - not sure what would have changed to swap it.
Paddy
Bell
Carlisle
(Thurlow?)
JD
I don't mind selections. Jacko offers considerably more than Kav! on what we've seen so far. Sucks a bit that Kav goes out.
Bags out sucks, Hardie as the lock down back and handball it off as soon as you get it.

Can't say I'm as optimistic about the game as some, but I am glad that my boy Jackson is back in. Or at least I would be if I didn't think he was going to end up as sub.

Bags out hurts a lot.

Baguley is a big loss, but Hibberd would've been bigger so I'm rapt he's in. I don't think we could win with him out, but its gives us some chance. Kav - yeah a bit stiff I think - perhaps there were a few things that "weren't to team rules" that Bomber wasn't happy about that we aren't privy to. Not sure - but think he's hard done by. I don't think BC is 100% fit actually.

Hardingham.....hmmm not sure about that one.

Happy that Stokes is missing - that little bugger often swings the game away from us, and McIntosh whilst always overrated in my eyes, was starting to find form, so he's another handy loss. Probably McIntosh missing is also the catalyst for BC to have a spell (selectors would've known he would miss).

Back our boys!!!

KAV stiff - needs a string of games to build confidence. But having said that coaches know and see more than what we do.

We will smash the cats!!

Heard that about Geelong the week after they were rolled by 100 against Sydney and they came out and fell over the line against a garbage Carlscum side thanks to the umpires.I dont see Geelong as that all conquering fearsome side of old, seen signs the last few weeks that they are almost shot

Lid off.
That's funny, I've been to one Yankees game, it was at the old stadium in 2001, and the Blue Jays beat em! I think it was 9-2. I left during the 7th-inning stretch to go up the WTC, which didn't exist a month or so later.
Anyways, team thread, carry on.

I went last year, to the new Yankee Stadium.  Yankees got smashed by the BoSox 11-2.

Not sure what this means re: team selection. Probably fark all...

Hardy up forward. X-factor. Either works or we sub him off.

Hardy playing back flank in Bags role or forward? Gee bags is a big loss. He is that silent contributed who gets little kudos externally but is loved internally.

This is a season defining game so in the end Kav just not there yet. In my opinion Jerrett is ahead of him so yes unlucky but in the end good call.

Speed and spread away from the contest is the key tomorrow night. Must win the hard ball and then get it out to Dempsey and trav and Zerrett quickly. If we are switched on mentally we win!!! And then I get to visit the lid off thread for the first time ever!!!

Why does everyone love Kavanagh and hate Melksham? One had 15 touches and no impact on the game last week, the other was in our best 6. Kav will be back if he earns it. Get over it.

Why does everyone love Kavanagh and hate Melksham? One had 15 touches and no impact on the game last week, the other was in our best 6. Kav will be back if he earns it. Get over it.

Because like melksham's 2and a half years  before the last half of last year, he deserves a shot, so do all kids. Back off.

Hmmmm TBC obviously not playing good football but I think it's not to far around the corner.

His height up forward would have been good this week with Taylor coming back into the side.

So I think TBC will play to assist Daniher.

J.Merrett to miss.