The Team vs. Geelong

LATE CHANGE. IN: CORY DELL

OUT: WHO CARES.

Must say im not too happy to see Belly dropped.
Changes our structure massively, will now mean we see less of Paddy up forward where he does real damage and also means Joe has to do more ruck work which im not keen on either.

If last week is any indication, it‘s not a big change. We basically only ever had two of Ryder, Joe D, and Bellchambers on the ground at any given time last week (and then we subbed one of them out).

So we‘re either the same as last week, or one taller, given the other three changes are direct swaps.

A pity they get Taylor back.

Hardy shut down Lindsay Thomas in round 1 after he torched piggy and bags.

He's good match on Thomas but is he on Motlop or Christensen? Might end up playing on Bartel?

HARDYMAN CAN

Well bags out is interesting.

KAV a bit stiff.

Tbell probably deserved to be dropped as he is no whet near his top form.

Chapman will be a great in.

Carlisle another great in and it will be interesting to see if he plays back or forward.

Hopefully Hardy plays at his peak.

A pity they get Taylor back.

I was praying to the knee gods that he might miss another week.

Makes the prospect of their predominantly premiership winning / All Australian / 150+ game back line (Enright, Mackie, Lonergan, Taylor, (rivers) ) against our relative novice (bar chappy) forward line a big challenge! 

Hurley Forward against that line-up makes much more sense for mine. PRESENCE.

PS - Kav Stiff, but Jerrett offers outside run against a team that has been a little exposed on that front over the past few weeks.

Hardy in for an injured Bags and Jacka the superior player in for Kav, makes sense to me.

Hardingham better be playing fkn back

Of course. Straight swap for Bags.

Hardy shut down Lindsay Thomas in round 1 after he torched piggy and bags.

He's good match on Thomas but is he on Motlop or Christensen? Might end up playing on Bartel?

No Motlop.
Likely play on Duncan type.

We will win this game.

Hope so, got on us at $3.40 for the win
I think that is massive under's
Geelong will come out breathing fire after last week.
We will struggle to get within 6 goals of them if we play like we did last week.
Heard that about Geelong the week after they were rolled by 100 against Sydney and they came out and fell over the line against a garbage Carlscum side thanks to the umpires.
I dont see Geelong as that all conquering fearsome side of old, seen signs the last few weeks that they are almost shot

Geelong are the Yankees of the AFL.

Changes our structure massively, will now mean we see less of Paddy up forward where he does real damage and also means Joe has to do more ruck work which im not keen on either.

!100% with you. He has been poor, but he helps our structure massively. Tommy in the ruck allows Paddy to rest forward and kick goals. Without him Paddy has to play the majority of the game on the ball, or resting on the bench.

Paddy playing by himself, means he tries to conserve a lot more energy, so he offers a lot less around the ground.

Last time we played Geelong, we went with only 1 ruckman and it cost us big time.

we're gonna lose. 

#backourboys still, but i'm just a negative ned. 

I’m a little surprised that hardy was picked to replace bags ahead of ashby.

But it looks like bomber trying to field experienced team.

Near the end of the 2nd qtr against Adelaide Bags had Betts land in his back and it looked innocuous.

We will win this game.

We will struggle to get within 6 goals of them if we play like we did last week.

Yes ,  well Geelong ARE looking fragile....teams just cannot keep on winning forever.   They must cycle.  Older, core players start to fade.  Look at the stats,  Geelong are poor on clearances.  This is where our guys are damaging on the burst.   Notice Essendon is starting to kick 10-15 goals in a match.  We are getting more out of all the players.   Dont just think,  Geelong are a great club they will find a way to win.  (like some stuck Macavaney commentary recording ) Look at Brisbane.  Won 3 premierships in a row.  So how have they been recently ???

Really,  I have no idea how we will play,  if we attack for 100 minutes,  we will win. If we start sideways kicking..... blaaahh

How many goals has Paddy actually kicked? Not really enough to justify outrage about Belly dropping out.

Ryder/JD vs Simpson/Blicavs is in our favour IMO, and means we have a quicker side with one extra runner.

Kav was the worst performed mid, just doesn’t get enough of it. Obvious out. Merrett clearly ahead of him in pecking order and more outside player which is needed.

I like all the changes (although wish bags wasn’t missing).

Geez kav did a couple of good things last week, but he was ordinary for most of the night. but the way you lot carry on, you woulda thought he had 35 and 4 goals.

Did he kick anything directly to opposition in their forward line? Nope
Did he make any mistakes? Not really
Will this help him gain confidence and adjust to senior footy? Nope
Does he need consistant senior games? Yep
Should have stayed in

Are all 4 ins currently better options for trying to win tomorrow night? Yep

I thought Kav was really average and thought he was the most obvious omission. I can't for the life if me work out how so many people think he is stiff. Really, I thought he was lucky to get picked ahead of NOB and Colyer a few weeks ago.

We will win this game.

Heard that about Geelong the week after they were rolled by 100 against Sydney and they came out and fell over the line against a garbage Carlscum side thanks to the umpires.
I dont see Geelong as that all conquering fearsome side of old, seen signs the last few weeks that they are almost shot

Obviously I hope you win. I wont be taking the $3.40 though as I think the cats are much better than us. I backed us last week and it was hard to watch the last qtr.

!100% with you. He has been poor, but he helps our structure massively. Tommy in the ruck allows Paddy to rest forward and kick goals. Without him Paddy has to play the majority of the game on the ball, or resting on the bench.

Paddy playing by himself, means he tries to conserve a lot more energy, so he offers a lot less around the ground.

Last time we played Geelong, we went with only 1 ruckman and it cost us big time.

Difference is, this time Paddy will get some relieving minutes from JD, and possibly Carlisle as well.
Blicavs and Dawson Simpson are hardly an imposing Rucking pair.
Let's face it guys, Belly has been absolutely ■■■■■ lately.
I'm happy that the coaches are taking a bit of a punt, rather than sitting on their hands and hoping for the best.
Belly will be back soon.

Ambrose named at full forward !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow.