The team vs the Dogs, 2020 round 7

I broke down the ins and outs from last year by position (because I’m bored…)

Our defence looks better and more attacking:

• Hurley comes in for Ambrose
  • Ridley for Gleeson
  • Saad for McNeice

The midfield is probably about even (but smaller)

• Phillips for Z Clarke
  • Parish for Shiel
  • Smith for Heppell
  • Hibberd for Myers
  • Ham for D Clarke

But our forward line has less marking power

• Laverde for Stringer
  • Townsend for Brown
  • Snelling for Baguley
  • Cahill for Begley
3 Likes

Looking at the selected sides what stands out to me is their forward line looks seriously undercooked, even weaker than ours, and our defense is flying at the moment.

We probably have more talent front and back and they shade us in the midfield. The side who works harder probably wins. It’s a huge game for both sides.

3 Likes

I buy no-name brand, too.

2 Likes

agree whoever works harder wins.
also think conditions are going to play a huge part.

i’d say they learnt a lesson last week playing 2 cumbersome forwards, so they’ve gone 1 tall and small forwards for pressure. on paper it may look undercooked or less appealling than our forwardline, however that is the richmond blueprint which teams are now pretty much adopting, esp in wet conditions (cox late out last night for a small).

our backline is susceptible however with pressure on it, hooker and hurley have had decent 2 weeks with good matchups, again if it’s wet they could easily be found out imo.

just gotta pray it’s not wet.

Don’t like rather he swap with Zaka

Not because of him forward but Zaka down back will get punished.

Nice guy approach

Going small isn’t my issue with their forward line, it just looks light on for talent.

Bont will spend quite a bit of time forward. The rest of their mids are good enough on their day to slice and dice us anyway.

Beautiful day here, but it will get dewy & slippery by the look of it. Will need a jacket tonight.

3 Likes

I hope it’s not going to be the same games like last year. when they kicked 25 goals straight and Worsfold was just sitting there twinkling his thumbs

1 Like

The punters are going off us a bit. The loss of Shiel and Jakey is seen as something we cannot recover from. If our system is any good, we should make a game of it.
Our new coaches are doing really well so far. 1 loss, not a bad loss at all. If they dovetail the roles into the system as well as they have been we are a chance to cover for the lost stars. After all, the Bulldogs are 13th on the ladder and have lost 3 games.

1 Like

The Dogs are probably sitting in their hotel rooms now, getting all overconfident while they are watching the Round 21 2019 game replay

hahah after that loss i saw so many “none of us will see a finals win in our lifetime” posts on blitz XD

I didnt see it as that bad, carlton played their best and we played our worst after a ■■■■ week with the covid19 BS.

But yes our gameplan is much better!

1 Like

The game plan stands up so it’ll come down to work rate tonight.

And given we’ve had the extra day break I reckon will edge them.

It’ll be another tight one but we will get it done.

Dons by 11. Merrett BOG.

8 Likes

Could be an Adam Tomlinson type of winger, he just doesn’t have the tank for it though.

When is the scratch match?

1 Like

2pm today.

If @aboods and/or @Nifty_Nev doesn’t deliver, we riot.

5 Likes

@Nifty_Nev was all over it I thought?

1 Like

Calm the farm people, I’m on my way.

Don’t expect much, im cross eyed, short sighted, short, and don’t know team we’ve put there…actually the latter could be helpful @theDJR

17 Likes

Thanks Nev, look forward to what you will report.

2 Likes