The team vs the Dogs, 2020 round 7

It’s not just us that’s aware of Essington. The entire footy world is aware.

I don’t count the half wit commentators in the entire footy world. According to them you’re a flag favourite after winning one game in a row.

1 Like

I can’t see us winning with all of these players missing.

However if we do, we are a very good football team.

1 Like

Gee, some of those outs from the last time we played them… D Clarke, Z Clarke, Myers, Baguley, Begley, McNeice and the ins… Hurley, Saad, Ridley, Ham, Parish, Snelling, Townsend, Phillips, Smith.

That is a significant swing in talent right there. Says this game should be immeasurably more competitive than the clusterfark that was served up in round 21 last year.

8 Likes

Holy ■■■■ when you put it like that thats a huge difference

1 Like

Can’t see us losing with these;
Followers: 34. Andrew Phillips, 46. Mitch Hibberd, 28. Ned Cahill

3 Likes

Me: Waking up, cracks eyes open, sees Mrs Deck standing over the bed.
MrsDeck: “I don’t like you when you’re like this!”
Me: “whaa…? what happened?”
MrsDeck: “You want to win tonight, don’t you?”
Me: “…wtf???..”
MrsDeck: “well you can watch it downstairs. I want to win - we’re going to win! Don’t try and use reverse psychology on me!”
Me: “omgffs - the game?? you thrashed us last time and we haven’t beaten you for freakin years!”
MrsDeck: “there you go, I knew it! trying to smooze me! you stay downstairs, I’m not talking to you…”
storms out
Me: "sigh

9 Likes

WOT?

Haha, I married a girl from Newcastle. No swaying required.

1 Like

There’s 3 of you?? :face_with_monocle:

12 Likes

Z Clarke was responsible for at least 10 of those goals

2 Likes

She just followed it up with a txt: “remember - a happy wife, a happy life”
Oh the joy.

2 Likes

I want Francis in the side but i don’t want to change our defensive set up at the moment.

Put him in the middle.

1 Like

LOL

1 Like

Doggies have had their success. Now is time to share!

4 Likes

Haha! I can just imagine the smugness after a win.

the dogs generally simply out work us.
they did just get spanked, they didn’t handle the conditions well, could you claim we did ?
carlton could have easily done similar to us if they’d kicked straighter too.

i’d say the biggest issue is obviously shiel out, you’d have to think at some point all the top liners being out will catch up to the club.

that being said, they can obviously still win tonight, just not surprised people don’t think they will.

I sat through the entirety of the last game, stoney faced, stoic, silent.
To her credit, she wasn’t hamming it up and was even annoyingly compassionate about it. “it’s ok hun, they’re just having a bad day…” with that wild gleam in her eyes…

3 Likes

The only thing I get from that, is that you’re NOT getting jigga jig tonight if we win.

Small price to pay man :+1:

1 Like

On This day 11 years ago.

WESTERN BULLDOGS 3.5, 4.6, 10.9, 15.13 (103)
ESSENDON 3.1, 6.2, 8.2, 11.4 (70)

GOALS: Western Bulldogs: Hahn 5, Welsh 3, Higgins 2, Cross, Murphy, Hill, Cooney, Minson.
Essendon: Lloyd 2, Davey, Reimers, Hurley, Winderlich, Hocking, Prismall, Ryder, Lonergan, Stanton.
BEST: Western Bulldogs: Cooney, Murphy, Johnson, Boyd, Hahn, Lake.
Essendon: Hocking, Prismall, Hurley, Fletcher, Welsh, Stanton.

We owe the doggies, must win tonight

1 Like

Left field suggestion:

Imagine putting Francis on a skinny side wing: he could be a marking target down the line, as well as a dangerous interceptor who could send laser passes inside 50. Might free up Smack to loiter closer to goals.

Yes, I know, does he have the tank, etc… but with shorter quarters and frequent rotations it would be worth a try.