The TEAM vs the Tarps

The team thread should be just two posts.

• The original post with the team.
  • One reply that says ‘Good call, coaches.’

Everybody on the forum should then like that second post.

12 Likes

I don’t think anyone or anything is beyond criticism, and far less so on a forum which exists (kinda) to discuss such things. I don’t claim that, and despite people going on about it… I never have. It’s healthy, it’s interesting, and it’s a pass time. My objections lie, and always have, in two areas. The constant repetition of a catch-cry without anything of substance to add… like ‘play the kids’, or ‘essington’. And, the horrible labling and denigration of players…even our players, as if they were cattle.

2 Likes

Match thread:

No late changes.

All according to the plan.

They are cattle though.
They’re there to do a job to help the team win and if they’re no longer good enough, you take them out the back.

Christ, nobody’s ending anyone’s career here, just venting some warranted anguish about some guys getting a far easier run at things than others.

But if you reckon any of these threads have set the bar for being horrible towards our players you should’ve read the Stanton threads over the years…

The issue for me has always been, what do you get out of something. yes stanton made way for kelly, and howlett will probably make way for parish.
but what have we learnt last week playing both, and this week howlett ?

are those players going to improve ?
are they going to improve the team ?
Did they help us get a win with what they produced ?

So ultimately what did we learn out of playing those 2, that we already didn’t know before the game ?

Imagine first week of a finals series, and kelly and parish are out, what do you do then ?
do you pick the well performed vfl senior listed players and more than likely not win, or do you try something different and hope for a win ?

if you can’t get a win, and last week was along shot at us winning, the second focus has imo always gotta be to learn something new, or try something different.

The fact is the changes the last few weeks have been pretty boring. We have switched ruckmen, and we have had a few like for like changes.
Some people want Langford in so they slag off their own club and call it scrutiny, or they say they are just responding to people who agree with the coaches, whatevs. There’s been some pretty churlish arguments from both sides really, but mainly absurd exaggerations suggesting not picking Langford is some kind of anti-youth policy or that the coach is playing favourites, using Jerret to back their arguments, lol.
Can’t wait to see some actual changes, the place will melt down.

1 Like

Oh, you’re no fun :slight_smile:

How’s about just a little poke in fun, perhaps a, I always go to Queensland via Port Adelaide too. :slight_smile:

Huge game tonight. Get down to etihad and stick up the bastards. Need a big, noisy home crowd.

9 Likes

I’m afraid this will be our lowest melbourne attendance for the year.

1 Like

Just because it is queens birthday weekend and snow season has started does not mean a low crowd…We are not Melbourne.

Regarding the game I would like Belly to just flying knee Ryder in the first ruck contest. Then the team go him hard. He can be gotten at and he deserves it, we just do not have the players to do it. How I miss Wallis, The Johnsons, Solly, Hardwick and Hardwick. Ryder would not come out alive.

2 Likes

We’re playing Port. Nobody cares about Port.

Brisbane at 1:10 on a Sunday in a few weeks will bottom out.

1 Like

Just a heads up there’s a full page write up on Conor McKenna today which means he’ll be worst on ground tonight.

9 Likes

Maybe. but I will be at that game, so even if quantity is down, quality will be way up! :sunglasses:

1 Like

If you’re in town I’m putting Tippa down for best on.

8 Likes

Some new ce odds being offered for Essendon tonight. Most betting agencies have us st around $3.20. Fairly generous I would have though!

1 Like

Remember that game against Fremantle when Ryder put his finger to his lips after kicking a goal?

Tonight that will be Tippa, directed at Boot.[quote=“Stallion, post:175, topic:10731, full:true”]

If you’re in town I’m putting Tippa down for best on.
[/quote]

5 Likes

I was going to go the the Micky O comparison personally.

2 Likes

I’d like that. Given that at this stage I would think I’d be a monty to be in the rooms after the game, I’ll seek out Walla and congratulate him myself.

1 Like

http://imgur.com/L61ahYB

22 Likes