The Team - vs Western Bulldogs - Sun 3.20pm

Don’t think he’s being omitted for his offensive efforts.

1 Like

Yeah hard to know defensive efforts unless you study the tape (which I did not)

Heppell was quite poor last week and had zero accountability, and has been well off the whole season. He let a guy who would sleep with the lights on and who hasn’t even played 10 games kick 5 goals on Anzac day. I think Dys has no place in the team now. Let Merrett captain.

Shiel is stiff to be dropped. Thought he played well.

I like the fact that Hobbs, Cox, Baldwin get another game after their below average performance last week, given the season is shot now. It should be about game time for the youngsters.

Though really sad for BZT. He completely annihilated Cameron. I thought he was very determined and really had a crack. Would have loved him to play on Naughton, allowing Reid to control the air.

Ridley has been ■■■■ poor as well. He is playing bruise free footy. Maybe he should have been dropped instead.

We had the issue with the forward line not putting pressure on. Can’t believe they decided to go with the same set up. Smith was back to form in the 2s. With Tex injued, he should have come in.

2 Likes

What you came into the team selection without doing your research, you may be next to be dropped!

Agree think he is a late in for Parish. BZT also for Lav maybe.

Age article seemed to indicate both Shiel and Heppell were unwell.

2 Likes

Whoever plays on Weightman, please tell them to tackle low. Don’t know how any of us will cope if he kicks 4 from 4 high tackles.

5 Likes

Looks like he’s been omitted

2 Likes

Would you rather Shiel or Heppell dropped this week?

• Shiel
  • Heppell

0 voters

I don’t like where this is going.

2 Likes

argh classic blitz/essendon.

omg’z we’ve made a statement we’ve dropped shiel.

i’d be waiting til he actually is lining up in the vfl before running with he’s “dropped” he is merely not named at present, there is a very big difference between the 2.

Needs a both option

5 Likes

Heppell calls are wrong IMO. He was essentially our best player vs Freo the week before.

5 goals being attributed to him on Ginnivan is incorrect. Responsible for only 2 I think someone had noted.

But in all honesty you’d expect him to be beaten by a quick small fwd. Why was on him in first place the issue, not a great coaching move.

Certainly coming to end but he isn’t one you could say doesn’t put in / put his head over the ball / sit in the hole as required

4 Likes

If he does end up playing VFL, you need to do some sort of punishment.

Like eat a hat.

3 Likes

Dropping Shiel and bringing in Reid is just to appease supporters and to distract everyone from his poor coaching and gameplan.

1 Like

Maybe Caldwell into the guts for Shiel, Cutler to wing and Cox spends time at half forward.

Hope they leave Andy at half back

3 Likes

I thought that, but just wanted to see the comparison between the two

1 Like

and if he does end up playing afl, what sort of punishment are you gong to go through ?

eat a hat with poop in it :thinking:

3 Likes

and his after match speech can just toil around having a very young side, blah blah playing lots of kids, getting games and experience in them (Which is good)

1 Like