The team

My first thought when I saw the team was we are farked

We will not win tomorrow with this side.

Agreed.
Missing too much class through the middle in my opinion.
Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Sidebottom, Ball, Blair
VS
Watson, Heppell, Zaharakis, Stanton, Melksham, Howlett

Pretty good side if you ask me. We’ve been without belly all year, myers and hocking are coverable. Goddard is the big loss

B Dustin Fletcher,Michael Hurley, Michael Hibberd

HB Mark Baguley, Cale Hooker, Jason Ashby

C Jackson Merrett, Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton

HF Paul Chapman, Joe Daniher, Jake Melksham

F Ben Howlett, Jake Carlisle, Jason Winderlich

FOL Patrick Ryder, Dyson Heppell, David Zaharakis

I/C

Zach Merrett Courtenay Dempsey Martin Gleeson Kyle Hardingham

EMG

Dylan Van Unen Tom Bellchambers Leroy Jetta

We're farked.

boooooooooooooooo

must be sad to be you

Not happy with the outs, less happy with amount of Blitzers effectively saying Pies are more than half decent. Start of the season has been mad shifts in form across the board, we're as much a chance as they are tomorrow. Stop giving those filth free karma kicks.

The whole Dempsey thing is confusing and left field.. If he goes down early will be one of the worst selections made..has he even played a reserves game since returning to the fold?

Could be a huge disaster. If he is underdone hell be found out very early on. Just want him to play his role.

you dont know he wont be sub

We all thought that we would beat st kilda.....names on paper mean nothing........its all about our approach to the game..our determination to beat our opponent....we need to approach this game fiercely and everything will follow.

I thought dempsey still had a club suspension?

Anyway, side looks very fast and nimble, hell of alot faster than last years team.

2013:

B Michael Hibberd, Cale Hooker, Mark Baguley
HB Brent Stanton, Jake Carlisle, Brendon Goddard
C David Zaharakis, Jobe Watson, Courtenay Dempsey
HF Jackson Merrett, Scott Gumbleton, Jason Winderlich
F Kyle Hardingham, Stewart Crameri, Alwyn Davey
FOL Tom Bellchambers, Heath Hocking, Dyson Heppell
I/C Ben Howlett, David Hille, Travis Colyer
SUB David Myers

In: Nicholls
FFS

■■■■■■■ ROLL-ON?!?! ARGHHHH!
We are definitely screwed!

ANZAC DAY

100,000 at the MCG

THIS GAME WAS MADE FOR ZAHARAKIS

Thought Jetta did ok last week?
Team balance I guess.
Must be winders understudy so regardless of form he makes way.

That's what I'd like to think, but he basically got dropped for Zac Merrett. It's really unlikely Zac will have more of an impact than Leroy would have had tomorrow. I understand the appeal of playing a young guy in a big game, but Leroy really is given no favours by the club. As someone else said, to be the only guy omitted from the loss last week is an insult.  

Thought Jetta did ok last week?
Team balance I guess.
Must be winders understudy so regardless of form he makes way.

That's what I'd like to think, but he basically got dropped for Zac Merrett. It's really unlikely Zac will have more of an impact than Leroy would have had tomorrow. I understand the appeal of playing a young guy in a big game, but Leroy really is given no favours by the club. As someone else said, to be the only guy omitted from the loss last week is an insult.  

zerret is ten times the player jetta is , just looks at his stats for the games he has played

Have to feel sorry for Leroy. After that performance on Saturday how was he singled out as the only player to be 'omitted'. Not saying he was the best on ground but in his one and a half games this season he certainly has not been our worst. Not sure why the small forwards always are the first to be singled out. . . oh to be a midfielder/defender and put in a sub-standard performance and keep your position. 

Leroy's game last week has been spectacularly over hyped. He was ordinary and is allergic to any meaningful running. After 8 or so years on our list why is effort all we expect from Jetta? What about consistency and the desire to be involved even when the forward entries are at a minimum?

I don't expect only effort from Jetta, I expect tackles, pressure, goals, assists. Does he always deliver no. I won't question his desire as I do not know him personally. I question the lack of opportunities given to him in the midfield/wing, let him back in their ala 2010 . . . even for just three games. See what happens . . . we might be surprised. I don't understand why he is required to play one role at VFL level and another at AFL... 

Belly will come in as a late change I reckon, I'm not sure why he would be named emergency if he wasn't available.

We're in real strife. Pendlebury and Swann to have a field day.

IIRC Pendlebury and Swann both got high 30 possessions last year and look how that turned out. 

Hmmmm. Evenly balanced. It will be close. Pray for an injury or two to them esrly to tip it in our favour. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. Love the wildcard entries. We wont miss Myers. The speed will counter that. Very true that Melks and Zaka need to step up. They will. I have a good feeling.

GREGORY WILL BE FUMING

say geronimo

So why does jetta get dropped? Was far from our worst last week.. Didn't he kick two?

Your kidding right ? One was an acciendental goal, and he needed to have an absolute blinder given so many other players were average on the night. I Like the ins, they are the best players available at the time, Howlett better lift otherwise he'll be the next to get the axe.

Howlett is like Zaka. Hot or cold.

Agreed.
Missing too much class through the middle in my opinion.
Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Sidebottom, Ball, Blair
VS
Watson, Heppell, Zaharakis, Stanton, Melksham, Howlett

No tags; go head to head.