The Teams - MELBOURNE v ESSENDON MCG , 7:50pm AEDT Friday, April 5, 2019

Not to underestimate how bad we have been over the first couple of weeks (and JLT) but looking at that Melbourne side…

A half decent team will beat them. A lot of spuds in there and they lack confidence etc at the moment

What’s your defininition of “actually” ?

1 Like

I thought Myers was passable v St K.
(Horrendous v GWS)

Passable is not good enough for a player thats been at the club since 2008, is in the leadership group and won the most improved at last years BnF.

Next pls

Move the ■■■■ on Essendon

1 Like

When “passable” puts you in about the best 8-10, it means plenty.

Yea I don’t give a stuff where it puts him, he’s done. too slow and unskilled to play midfield, too slow and unskilled to play forward, he played back when he started and wasn’t good enough.

But hey, he’s a great bloke and great with on field tactics and coaching, he can also kick the ball really far so lets never ever drop him and let him have a career that spans over 10 years

Never change Essendon

I suppose I just look at sides like Geelong using nicely developed youth to give them enthusiasm and momentum . And I am jealous .

1 Like

Absolutely. But you start by dropping your worst performers, which I don’t think DM was, this week.

Guelfi would be up there, Bags, Zaha has put up two pretty poor games.

Add walla. Hes only staying in because we know what he can do. He was just about our worst last week.

1 Like

Yep.

Probably only about 3 guys have not had a stinker so far. It’s actually not realistic to drop everyone who’s had a bad game.

I think a lot of supporters are feeling that our development of young players is erratic and unplanned .

Yeah it looks that way.

But in reality any side where your 10?? best and most experienced players are basically giving you nothing, all the rest of it will fall away. It all builds around that.

If/when we get Hurley, Hepp, JD, Zerrett and co firing, the coaches will be able to introduce young guys with some structure around them.

They’re still too conservative with it IMO.

1 Like

ITS TIME

I’ve heard Zac Clarke is actually just Kyle Langford on Irving Mosquito’s shoulders.

TO GO TO THE MATCH DAY THREAD.

1 Like